Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: glenerrolrd on May 19, 2009, 12:32:02 pm
-
One of the big advantages of LR is that you can always revert to the original raw file. When new camera calibration profiles are created or new functionality like the local area adjustments, I can go back on any image and reprocess to gain these improvements . Even if I maintain a software independent folder structure ...LR provides the links to pull things together .
I didn t see in the proposed workflow how LR would link to the raw files.
-
glenerrolrd, if you have already done the basic initial folder organization using another software (e.g., Capture One), then if you subsequently use LR, you can simply import the images into LR without moving/copying them (i.e., import them "in place"). This effectively causes LR's catalog to link to the raw files wherever they happen to be organized. You can perform this import just by dragging and dropping the folder from the Finder/Explorer to the LR catalog window.