Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Murray Fredericks on May 18, 2009, 09:00:23 am

Title: Sinar Corrupt WSF - How to Use Another?
Post by: Murray Fredericks on May 18, 2009, 09:00:23 am
Hi Sinar users,

I have a corrupt WSF, don't know why or how, it just came up with ! in Exposure in the WSF mode and when used corrupted the files that followed.

Anyway, I need to apply a WSF to the series of 24mm shots that follow.

It's too late for Brumbaer as I was shooting tethered and they are now all DNG's.

Is there a way to shoot and apply a wsf retrospectively?

Cheers

Murray
Title: Sinar Corrupt WSF - How to Use Another?
Post by: rainer_v on May 18, 2009, 01:16:00 pm
Quote from: Murray Fredericks
Hi Sinar users,

I have a corrupt WSF, don't know why or how, it just came up with ! in Exposure in the WSF mode and when used corrupted the files that followed.

Anyway, I need to apply a WSF to the series of 24mm shots that follow.

It's too late for Brumbaer as I was shooting tethered and they are now all DNG's.

Is there a way to shoot and apply a wsf retrospectively?

Cheers

Murray
hi murray,
yes you can do that, but take care that the settings and conditions are similar,- the amount of shift/tilt should be exactly be matched.
Title: Sinar Corrupt WSF - How to Use Another?
Post by: bdp on May 18, 2009, 04:16:16 pm
Hi Murray,

You should give David Kay at Capture Scan Print a call - I had some questions about the intricacies of using shading files and he let me know all the answers, such as whether they had to be captured before or after the hero shot, dragging them into new folders to create new dngs, overriding the one applied during a tethered capture etc

Ben