Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: vgogolak on May 15, 2009, 02:07:13 pm

Title: P65+ lens performance on Contax 645
Post by: vgogolak on May 15, 2009, 02:07:13 pm
I don't know if it kosher to cross reference but I didnt want to dup these images. (and I think there is fair mutual respect amongst the owners and posters on these sites. Michael, if I am off base please let me know (at 67 still make wrong decisions, RARELY :-)

I am really pleased with the Contax lenses with the P65+. There's also a series with the sensor+

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.p...ted=1#post99450 (http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=99450&posted=1#post99450)

best regards
Victor

Title: P65+ lens performance on Contax 645
Post by: Toby1014 on May 15, 2009, 06:09:12 pm
Quote from: vgogolak
I don't know if it kosher to cross reference but I didnt want to dup these images. (and I think there is fair mutual respect amongst the owners and posters on these sites. Michael, if I am off base please let me know (at 67 still make wrong decisions, RARELY :-)

I am really pleased with the Contax lenses with the P65+. There's also a series with the sensor+

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.p...ted=1#post99450 (http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=99450&posted=1#post99450)

best regards
Victor



Thanks for posting, one thing puzzles me: The first crop one p1 (the roof) does not seem to have the same perspective as the full frame image ?

T
Title: P65+ lens performance on Contax 645
Post by: vgogolak on May 15, 2009, 09:11:18 pm
Quote from: Toby1014
Thanks for posting, one thing puzzles me: The first crop one p1 (the roof) does not seem to have the same perspective as the full frame image ?

T
it is.
In fact it is the same file! (ie same image)

Title: P65+ lens performance on Contax 645
Post by: CBarrett on May 15, 2009, 09:21:06 pm
Quote from: vgogolak
it is.
In fact it is the same file! (ie same image)

Now wait a Tick!  If the above post is referring to the same image I was thinking (the detail of an oblique downward view of a shingled roof) it's gotta be from a different image...

No?
Title: P65+ lens performance on Contax 645
Post by: revaaron on May 16, 2009, 01:51:41 am
ugh, I hate when people post things like this cause it makes me want to spend a lot of money that I don't need to spend.
Title: P65+ lens performance on Contax 645
Post by: Toby1014 on May 16, 2009, 04:35:50 am
Quote from: vgogolak
it is.
In fact it is the same file! (ie same image)


My mistake, you are right - I downloaded the images, resized and overlayed and got a perfect match - sorry for any confusion.

Your setup is quite impressive.

T
Title: P65+ lens performance on Contax 645
Post by: vgogolak on May 16, 2009, 05:48:09 pm
I must say, you got me looking. sure seems like the angle of the roofline is different?

Wonder why that happens? Optical illusion (but wait, the angle with the edge of the image IS different

anybody know why?

Hmmmmmmmmm

regards
Victor
Title: P65+ lens performance on Contax 645
Post by: clawery on May 20, 2009, 05:51:11 pm
Quote from: revaaron
ugh, I hate when people post things like this cause it makes me want to spend a lot of money that I don't need to spend.


I highly recommend it!  You have to stimulate the economy ... so why not purchase a P65+!

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me) (http://mailto:[email protected])
__________________
Sales Manager, Capture Integration
Phase One, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 404.234.5195
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up (http://www.captureintegration.com/our-company/newsletters/)
Title: P65+ lens performance on Contax 645
Post by: siba on May 21, 2009, 06:05:08 am
there's no way that the detail of the roof and the detail of the abandoned building in the background are from the same photo.

The depth of field in the two details is completely different. How can the depth of field in the roof detail make the foliage in the background out of focus, and then miraculously become focused again in the building detail?

Something strange going on, no?

Stefan
Title: P65+ lens performance on Contax 645
Post by: siba on May 21, 2009, 06:11:55 am
OK I take that back.

I guess the roof is a much bigger detail

It certainly seems to be the same image on closer inspection

sorry about that

Stefan
Title: P65+ lens performance on Contax 645
Post by: tho_mas on May 21, 2009, 06:22:29 am
Quote from: siba
The depth of field in the two details is completely different. How can the depth of field in the roof detail make the foliage in the background out of focus, and then miraculously become focused again in the building detail?
I wondered about the same thing but scrolled one post obve.
He mentioned that the roof was focussed differently:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showpost.php...mp;postcount=20 (http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99201&postcount=20)
Quote
the first shot I did AF (the rt edge roof) so the 3.5 and 5.65 COULD be slightly different
the ceneter and corner were done at infinity focus .
Title: P65+ lens performance on Contax 645
Post by: vgogolak on May 21, 2009, 05:00:08 pm
Yes,
two points
the 3.5 and 5.6 were autofocused but at different times so there could be a SLIGHT difference between them. But both are sharp

the center and edge were MF at infinity in both the 3.5 and 5.6

BTW, I tried the single cable, "Zero Latency" on and Alpa today with Schneider 35mm. Boy, no more wakeup. just Synch to Phase cable and SHOOT.

great stuff.

BTW, I will post any other shots here in the future. If anyone want the raw, they are welcome to these raw files. I can "Yousendit"
Let me know if it is worthwhile

Regards
Victor