Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: R_Medvid on May 15, 2009, 03:18:29 am

Title: Upgrading my P30 :: help and advice needed
Post by: R_Medvid on May 15, 2009, 03:18:29 am
Hi all,

I'm a bit dissatisfied with my current situation in relation to P30 upgrade.

I bought my P30 RF a year ago,  having made some 3500 captures. Now I was asking my local dealer to give me options to upgrade. I stressed that I don't want a 1.3x cropped sensor and am looking to P45 series.

Now the reply is this:

- upgrade from P30 to P45+ would be 13,000 euro (which is funny since AFDII + 80mm lens + P45+ Kit costs 15,000 euro. Does that mean that they value my digital back at as low as 1000 euro?????)

- upgrade to P45+ RF is some 2500 euros cheaper (but still more than the cost of my original P30 RF a year ago!)

- upgrade (or rather trade-in) to P45 RF impossible for some local logistics or something reason.

But what if I want P45 RF and I see some available at, say, Capture Integration site? Is this an option for me?