Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Paul2660 on May 14, 2009, 10:46:43 pm

Title: Eclipse or Eclipse2 on a Phase One Back
Post by: Paul2660 on May 14, 2009, 10:46:43 pm
Has anyone used the Photographic Solutions, Eclipse or the newer Eclipse 2 on a phase one P45+, P25+ back?  

I am having some slight trouble with streaking with the Phase One cleaning solutions.

Eclipse 2 is for the tin oxide sensors, not sure if the Phase One sensor is tin oxide or not.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell
Title: Eclipse or Eclipse2 on a Phase One Back
Post by: marcmccalmont on May 15, 2009, 12:28:20 am
I use Eclipse (not 2) on my P30 with good results, high evaporation rate = less streaking
Marc
Title: Eclipse or Eclipse2 on a Phase One Back
Post by: sergio on May 15, 2009, 12:57:42 pm
I think Eclipse fluid is nothing more than highly overpriced pure methanol you can get at any chemical supplier. For the price of the tiny bottle you can buy a couple gallons of 99% pure methanol. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong. Biodieselers know where you can get the stuff.