Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: jasonrandolph on May 14, 2009, 02:45:40 pm

Title: Bill Jay, RIP
Post by: jasonrandolph on May 14, 2009, 02:45:40 pm
For those of you avid Lenswork readers like me, Bill Jay died in his sleep last night.  His contribution to Lenswork, and to fine art photography, was immeasurable.  I looked forward to his column with each new issue of Lenswork.  He will be missed...
Title: Bill Jay, RIP
Post by: DarkPenguin on May 14, 2009, 02:47:21 pm
Posted while you were posting.

He will be missed.

Some obituaries...

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/t...stic-voice.html (http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/t...stic-voice.html)
http://www.lenswork.com/index.html (http://www.lenswork.com/index.html)
http://marketingphotos.wordpress.com/2009/...-jay-1940-2009/ (http://marketingphotos.wordpress.com/2009/...-jay-1940-2009/)
Title: Bill Jay, RIP
Post by: JDClements on May 14, 2009, 08:50:38 pm
I certainly enjoyed his End Notes in Lenswork, and "On Being a Photographer".

I don't like to hear about people who retire and drop dead shortly thereafter, but then again, I think Bill Jay spent his life doing what he loved, so he had a good one.
Title: Bill Jay, RIP
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 14, 2009, 11:49:15 pm
I've always enjoyed his insightful (and sometimes barbed) commentaries in Lens Work. I also owe him a big thank you for publishing a couple of my photos in Creative Camera way back then. I will miss him.
Title: Bill Jay, RIP
Post by: DarkPenguin on May 15, 2009, 12:44:10 am
His web site is at www.billjayonphotography.com

Lots of his writing is there.  No idea for how long.

Interesting to think that he might live forever in Google.