Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: PeterCris on May 14, 2009, 04:51:47 am
-
Hi,
I still have many old 58mm IR filters (like 720-1000nm) used in the
Sony DSC-F717 5MP digicam some years back but the camera got broken.
What presently available camera has the most sensitive IR performance on
level or more than the Sony DSC-F717 (see picture and specs below)?
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc...view/index.html (http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc_f717-review/index.html)
-
Check out the Sigma SD14...
-
I'm deeply interested in IR photography even back then when I used film as the medium. I'm now using a lifepixel converted canon 5d body.
However, I'm rather curious about the kaya see thru filter as they demonstrate using the sony nite view camera. I didn't bought the kaya filter coz too expensive. I bought one from ebay which it said the cutting point is 950nm. I test this filter w/ my wife using my converted 5D...............well, the effect was not as obvious as or hardly any similiar effect as shown on kaya site.
Again, this is all just about curiosity and I don't understand how the kaya filter work or how the sony nite view work.