Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: photolinia on May 08, 2009, 07:25:58 pm
-
I'm a little confused about firewire support... Does H3DII support fire wire 800 / 400 or both?
are the cables actually different? Does the computer need to have specifically one or the other?
Are the speeds actually 400mb and 800mb, or something else?
thanks!
-ilya
-
I'm a little confused about firewire support... Does H3DII support fire wire 800 / 400 or both?
are the cables actually different? Does the computer need to have specifically one or the other?
Are the speeds actually 400mb and 800mb, or something else?
thanks!
-ilya
I think the H3D11 has a firewire 800 socket, and comes with an 800/400 lead.
If you have the new mac book pro it has an 800 port, so I have purchased an 800/800 lead - but I have not used it yet.
Apparently some 800 leads are physically incompatible with the H3D, as the cable end does not fit in the deep orifice where the socket is on the H3D.
-
I think the H3D11 has a firewire 800 socket, and comes with an 800/400 lead.
If you have the new mac book pro it has an 800 port, so I have purchased an 800/800 lead - but I have not used it yet.
Apparently some 800 leads are physically incompatible with the H3D, as the cable end does not fit in the deep orifice where the socket is on the H3D.
Yes, it is Firewire 800 port, and come with 800/800 cable, but I often use different 800/800 and 800/400 cable without any problem. I did not notice difference between using 800/800 or 800/400 able although theoretically firewire 800 is twice as fast. I personally prefer the 400 port because it seemed to me to be tighter than the 800 port, although I never have problem with my H3 with any of the cable I use.