Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: photolinia on May 08, 2009, 05:51:49 pm

Title: Any experience with Kurland Photo
Post by: photolinia on May 08, 2009, 05:51:49 pm
Hi everyone.

I'm thinking of buying a used H3DII from Kurland Photo in NYC.  I'm located in So California and although it might make sense
to fly to NYC for a day to persoanlly look at the camera I get - tickets are cheap, I do not have a lot of time...

Not sure if this is the right forum for my question, but since I'm buying a medium format camera, I figured I should ask here...

Has anyone heard anything good/bad about Kurland?

I just want to make sure this isn't one of those on line stores that offer to sell a D3X for $3000 and offer it as a kit with a DX lens!

any feedback would be appreciated.

thanks!
-ilya
Title: Any experience with Kurland Photo
Post by: william on May 08, 2009, 06:26:54 pm
Yep, I've bought from them several times over the years.  Reputable indeed.  They're a serious dealer of high-end camera gear (Rollei, Leica, Hassy).  And very nice in my experience.
Title: Any experience with Kurland Photo
Post by: Al Pak on May 08, 2009, 06:29:15 pm
Craig Williams @Kurland Photo has been a great help with all my Hesselblad purchases. Highly recommended.
Title: Any experience with Kurland Photo
Post by: photolinia on May 08, 2009, 06:38:26 pm
Thank you for your help!!

I did a little research on the web and people seem to like them a lot - that's comforting...  

-ilya
Title: Any experience with Kurland Photo
Post by: AndreNapier on May 08, 2009, 07:36:00 pm
Good people. Bought a lot of staff there.
Title: Any experience with Kurland Photo
Post by: Doug Peterson on May 08, 2009, 07:53:10 pm
Quote from: AndreNapier
Good people. Bought a lot of staff there.

Oh no! They are involved in human tracking and photo slavery?

Actually... I'm interested. How much for a decent assistant? Do they also sell models? Can I buy them in kits?

*Little Friday Humor*

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me) (http://mailto:[email protected])
__________________
Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up (http://www.captureintegration.com/our-company/newsletters/)

Title: Any experience with Kurland Photo
Post by: photolinia on May 08, 2009, 08:03:21 pm
Quote from: dougpetersonci
Oh no! They are involved in human tracking and photo slavery?

Actually... I'm interested. How much for a decent assistant? Do they also sell models? Can I buy them in kits?

*Little Friday Humor*

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me) (http://mailto:[email protected])
__________________
Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up (http://www.captureintegration.com/our-company/newsletters/)


I thought he mentioned something about throwing in two models and one assistant as a package deal with the H3DII-50...
Title: Any experience with Kurland Photo
Post by: TMARK on May 08, 2009, 09:21:48 pm
Awesome. Eli Kurland is a cool cat. All very helpful. Bought my M8 from them.
Title: Any experience with Kurland Photo
Post by: AndreNapier on May 09, 2009, 05:08:06 pm
Great part is you can use them for two weeks and return for a full refund ( without restocking fee ) for as long as you do not leave any marks and other signs of use.  Just be gentle.
andre
Title: Any experience with Kurland Photo
Post by: vgogolak on May 11, 2009, 08:12:23 am
Yes, Eli and the store are VERY reputable. I have purchases many expensive items over the years, and have gotten even good advice on used availablity quality etc.

In one purchase, used, the focus ring was a little loose.

Taken back..
sent to Leica
sent back to me like new

That's the kind of people to deal with.

Regards
Victor