Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Blueport on May 02, 2009, 09:10:42 am
-
Hi, I'm new in this forum as well as medium format system. Just bought the hassy H3DII-50 to upgrade my Nikon for lanscape shooting . I have been searching the forum but couldn't find the answer so have to ask. I applogize if this has been asked before.
Do I need slim uv / polarizer for 35mm lens? What about 28mm lens? I know for a lens that wide polarizer will cause unevenness in the sky but sometimes I still need to use it. The B+W filters have been my filter of choice for my 35mm dslr but the 95mm b+w polarizer is so much cheaper than the Heliopan / hasselblad / Schneider ones. Is it not as good compared to those? Also if I don't go to antarctica or the rain forest can I justify the extra cost for the edge-sealed kaeseman filters?
Thank you very much.
YC
-
Hi, I'm new in this forum as well as medium format system. Just bought the hassy H3DII-50 to upgrade my Nikon for lanscape shooting . I have been searching the forum but couldn't find the answer so have to ask. I applogize if this has been asked before.
Do I need slim uv / polarizer for 35mm lens? What about 28mm lens? I know for a lens that wide polarizer will cause unevenness in the sky but sometimes I still need to use it. The B+W filters have been my filter of choice for my 35mm dslr but the 95mm b+w polarizer is so much cheaper than the Heliopan / hasselblad / Schneider ones. Is it not as good compared to those? Also if I don't go to antarctica or the rain forest can I justify the extra cost for the edge-sealed kaeseman filters?
Thank you very much.
YC
FWIW, I wouldn't put anything in front of a lens unless I absolutely had to! No matter what the quality of the filter there will be some degradation of the image. Lots can be accomplished on the software side.