Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: richard pigott on April 30, 2009, 09:54:21 pm
-
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3305/3489544249_d38d45048c.jpg)
Lumsdale, Sony a700 sigma 17-35 ex + cokin filters
-
Very nice... thanks for sharing it, and welcome to the list!
Mike.
-
Very nice shot and works well in B&W. I know that waterfall well although last time I was there much of it was frozen.
-
Very nice, I used to live in Derbyshire
-
Beautiful exposure and tones! If I were to offer any criticism, it would be to crop out the building on the left. Otherwise, this is great. Nicely done.
-
Beautiful exposure and tones! If I were to offer any criticism, it would be to crop out the building on the left. Otherwise, this is great. Nicely done.
Well, everyone gets an opinion, but to me the building adds balance to the rock face on the right. Just a different perspective.
Mike.
-
I agree with Mike about the building adding balance, but probably as I know the valley well and live nearby.
Lumsdale is looked after and managed by the Arkwright Society. Bentley Brook, seen in the picture, flows down the valley and was used to power the mills that the wall on the left is part of, although they have been disused since the late 1800s. The whole valley has now largely been retaken by nature although there are the ruins of several mills that were used in the manufacturing or process of fertiliser, paint, corn, lead and cotton. There are many other mills and industrial remains in this part of the Derbyshire Peak District worth exploring, some well preserved but many just abandoned. There are several fascinating walks there.
For more on the Arkwright Society's Lumsdale Project see www.arkwrightsociety.org.uk/html/lp_index.html
-
Nice shot, good choice of filter to bring the water out - well done