Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: petermarrek on April 29, 2009, 01:34:46 pm
-
All of last summer I used Lightroom, imported and worked on several thousand images, went south for the winter, came back a few weeks ago and discovered a strange scenario. I now have many Lightroom catalogues, they all have some items in them but I cannot find a complete one. Has anyone had this happen? Do I have to re-import everything and re-do all of my editing? Peter
-
Hi Peter!
I haven't heard of LR catalogs spontaneously breaking apart into separate catalogs before. In any event, no, you don't have to redo any of your editing. Choose the catalog that has the greatest number of images and open that. Then use the "Import from Catalog" method to import everything from each of the other catalogs. All of your edits, keywording etc will come in and be added to your main catalog.
Once done be sure that you work from this new main catalog. If you are sure you no longer need the other subcatalogs I would back them up and then delete them.
-
are you sure it's not any of the catalog backups ?