Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Steve Hendrix on April 27, 2009, 05:40:57 pm

Title: Regarding MFDB and iPhones
Post by: Steve Hendrix on April 27, 2009, 05:40:57 pm
No, there is not yet an iPhone mini-version of Capture One that doesn't require a computer also.

But there are some iPhone apps that allow for some functionality as long as a computer running Capture One is in the vicinity:


*Remote Capture One camera release control with iPhone

http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Suppo...mp;LanguageID=1 (http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Support/Article.aspx?articleid=1219&LanguageID=1)

*Remote view of Capture One on iPhone

http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Suppo...mp;LanguageID=1 (http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Support/Article.aspx?articleid=1220&LanguageID=1)


I have not actually tried the above iPhone apps yet, but I have tried an application called Fone2Mouse.

http://www.innerfour.com/iphone/ (http://www.innerfour.com/iphone/)


I installed Fone2Mouse on my iPhone, then installed a client to my laptop, dialed in an IP (via wireless connection) and voila' - I launched Capture One and began editing remotely - full control of the software with my iPhone.

For over-attended laptop/desktop situations, the above mentioned Remote Viewing via Mocha VNC will do the trick for viewing images away from the receiving computer.

I know it's not the non-computer, wireless solution many would like, but it would have its uses.


Steve Hendrix
Phase One