Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on April 27, 2009, 09:33:40 am

Title: Morning in Tuscany -- action shooting?
Post by: Hans Kruse on April 27, 2009, 09:33:40 am
One morning I was driving through Tuscany on my usual morning photo hunt, I came across this rainbow. It was extending right at the edge of this wonderful Italian village and I had trees obscuring the view! I drow fast ahead and about one minute later I got the chance to quickly stop and jump out of the car and get this shot. 30 seconds later the rainbow was gone.  As I remember it I even had to change lens to my 70-200 f/4L IS (btw. my favorite landscape lens). I chose this vertical composition as to have the rainbow across the dark sky, only regretting that one minute earlier the rainbow was much brighter. The weather was really my favorite: A weather forecast that promisses everything, sun, clouds and rain!

Don't tell me that landscape photography doesn't have the sense of urgency and thrill that action shooting have  


(http://hanskrusephotography.com/photos/448444733_SJ8UD-X2-1.jpg)
Title: Morning in Tuscany -- action shooting?
Post by: KeithR on April 27, 2009, 09:44:21 am
Nice. It is very similar to a Galen Rowell image. The title escapes me, and I'll have to look it up.
Title: Morning in Tuscany -- action shooting?
Post by: francois on April 27, 2009, 11:02:22 am
Quote from: KeithR
Nice. It is very similar to a Galen Rowell image. The title escapes me, and I'll have to look it up.
Probably, Rainbow over the Potala Palace.
Title: Morning in Tuscany -- action shooting?
Post by: francois on April 27, 2009, 11:03:56 am
Quote from: hkruse
One morning I was driving through Tuscany on my usual morning photo hunt, I came across this rainbow. It was extending right at the edge of this wonderful Italian village and I had trees obscuring the view! I drow fast ahead and about one minute later I got the chance to quickly stop and jump out of the car and get this shot. 30 seconds later the rainbow was gone.  As I remember it I even had to change lens to my 70-200 f/4L IS (btw. my favorite landscape lens). I chose this vertical composition as to have the rainbow across the dark sky, only regretting that one minute earlier the rainbow was much brighter. The weather was really my favorite: A weather forecast that promisses everything, sun, clouds and rain!

Don't tell me that landscape photography doesn't have the sense of urgency and thrill that action shooting have  


(http://hanskrusephotography.com/photos/448444733_SJ8UD-X2-1.jpg)
Wow, stunning photo. You're entirely right, sometimes landscape photography is a race for good light…
Congrats
Title: Morning in Tuscany -- action shooting?
Post by: Hans Kruse on April 27, 2009, 11:22:14 am
Quote from: KeithR
Nice. It is very similar to a Galen Rowell image. The title escapes me, and I'll have to look it up.

Here is a link http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Rainbow-Over...s_i1533963_.htm (http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Rainbow-Over-the-Potala-Palace-Posters_i1533963_.htm)

I don't think my image can quite compete here  
Title: Morning in Tuscany -- action shooting?
Post by: francois on April 27, 2009, 11:58:31 am
Quote from: hkruse
Here is a link http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Rainbow-Over...s_i1533963_.htm (http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Rainbow-Over-the-Potala-Palace-Posters_i1533963_.htm)

I don't think my image can quite compete here  
Well, Tuscany has not -  yet - risen to the status of Tibet. Don't despair though...
Title: Morning in Tuscany -- action shooting?
Post by: John R on April 27, 2009, 04:50:05 pm
It doesn't matter, it is still fine image.

JMR