Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: MDaniels80 on April 26, 2009, 02:15:50 pm
-
I've recently moved to a windows 64-bit machine. I have LR64-bit and well as both PS CS4 32 and 64-bit. By default, when brining a photo to PS, it opens up in PS 64-bit, which is fine most of the time unless I want to use the Nik Dfine 2.0 which is only compatable with PS 32. Is there a way to tell LR to open in 32 bit when I know I am going to want to use the Nik NR? Or just a way to open in 32 bit at all? I can't seem to find this. The only option I have is to create the PS, save it, and then re-open in 32 bit then import this new file in LR.
Thanks.
-
Lightroom usually opens files in whatever version of Photoshop is open, so I suspect you should open 32 bit Photoshop before choosing Edit.
John
-
I've recently moved to a windows 64-bit machine. I have LR64-bit and well as both PS CS4 32 and 64-bit. By default, when brining a photo to PS, it opens up in PS 64-bit, which is fine most of the time unless I want to use the Nik Dfine 2.0 which is only compatable with PS 32. Is there a way to tell LR to open in 32 bit when I know I am going to want to use the Nik NR? Or just a way to open in 32 bit at all? I can't seem to find this. The only option I have is to create the PS, save it, and then re-open in 32 bit then import this new file in LR.
Thanks.
If memory serves, under Preferences, Lightroom lets you select an 'additional external editor'. You can configure it to launch any app you'd like (in your case, 32-bit Photoshop).
When you're ready to edit something in 32-bit Photoshop, your editor of choice will be available via right-click menu.
Hope that helps,
-Brad
-
I made it my external editor and just have to make sure I am not in 64-bit at the time and all is well.
Thanks!