Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: focusgroup on April 22, 2009, 04:18:11 pm

Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: focusgroup on April 22, 2009, 04:18:11 pm
I have made three requests to Leaf America via the contact link in regards to purchasing a demo back. The adapter is not important because I plan on primary using the back with my Arca Swiss.  (I would like to purchase a Rollei adapter plate for the kit if possible).   I have not received a single follow up or email regarding my serious inquiry.

I have also left two voice messages on the indicated cell phone numbers for two different sales people including the west coast regional sales manager with no response.  

The link for contact info is also broken.

Is leaf still in business in the US?
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: cjmonty on April 22, 2009, 04:46:15 pm
As far as I can tell, fotocare in New York City is an authorized Leaf dealer.  Give them a call and they should have info one way or the other.

http://www.fotocare.com/ (http://www.fotocare.com/)
Phone: 212-741-2990
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: yaya on April 22, 2009, 05:07:24 pm
Quote from: focusgroup
I have made three requests to Leaf America via the contact link in regards to purchasing a demo back. The adapter is not important because I plan on primary using the back with my Arca Swiss.  (I would like to purchase a Rollei adapter plate for the kit if possible).   I have not received a single follow up or email regarding my serious inquiry.

I have also left two voice messages on the indicated cell phone numbers for two different sales people including the west coast regional sales manager with no response.  

The link for contact info is also broken.

Is leaf still in business in the US?

Please email me with your contact details and I'll get someone to contact you ASAP. By Rollei I assume you are referring to the AFi/ Hy6 mount? (the adapter is available from Arca-Swiss)

thanks

Yair
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: j.miller on April 22, 2009, 05:13:39 pm
If you have not already found a suitable, and responsive dealer, I will he happy answer any questions you might have. And of course, we are an authorized Leaf USA dealer as well.

Regards,

Jordan

Quote from: focusgroup
I have made three requests to Leaf America via the contact link in regards to purchasing a demo back. The adapter is not important because I plan on primary using the back with my Arca Swiss.  (I would like to purchase a Rollei adapter plate for the kit if possible).   I have not received a single follow up or email regarding my serious inquiry.

I have also left two voice messages on the indicated cell phone numbers for two different sales people including the west coast regional sales manager with no response. 

The link for contact info is also broken.

Is leaf still in business in the US?
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: snickgrr on April 22, 2009, 05:24:40 pm
If you're on the West Coast and you want a great, responsive person, give Randy Hoffman with Keeble and Schuchat a call.  They're in Palo Alto, Ca.  I've purchased two Leaf backs through him and without question I can recommend his knowledge and service.

650-346-6671
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: AndreNapier on April 22, 2009, 07:07:32 pm
I have AFI 7 on Ebay with 11 months warranty on it. Purchased new on Feb 28/2009. Interested let me know.
Andre
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: H1/A75 Guy on April 22, 2009, 08:11:07 pm
Quote from: AndreNapier
I have AFI 7 on Ebay with 11 months warranty on it. Purchased new on Feb 28/2009. Interested let me know.
Andre
Are you taking early retirement?

David
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: ssherman on April 22, 2009, 08:57:45 pm
I have a Aptus 75s back (H) mount with 2 years warranty for sale.
Less than 1000 shots on it.
[email protected]
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: Tgrain on April 23, 2009, 12:05:29 am
Call
Dan Cuny
Regional Sales Manager
Leaf
[email protected]
925-899-0503  mobile

I've dealt with him before and he has always been very reliable and informative.
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: jimgolden on April 23, 2009, 12:20:52 am
Quote from: AndreNapier
I have AFI 7 on Ebay with 11 months warranty on it. Purchased new on Feb 28/2009. Interested let me know.
Andre

never mind, saw your post...whats the diff btwn AFi2 and AFi?
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: AndreNapier on April 23, 2009, 12:57:24 am
Quote from: jimgolden
never mind, saw your post...whats the diff btwn AFi2 and AFi?
Rotating and tilting LCD.
Andre
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: AndreNapier on April 23, 2009, 01:02:04 am
Quote from: H1/A75 Guy
Are you taking early retirement?

David
I wish. I could have retired two years ago but now I will be working till I reach the age of 127 to get even.
But seriously I am busier than ever. We are flooded with work. I am even buying myself nice DSLR.
Andre
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: JDBFreeheel on April 23, 2009, 01:13:27 am
Quote from: Tgrain
Call
Dan Cuny
Regional Sales Manager
Leaf
[email protected]
925-899-0503  mobile

I've dealt with him before and he has always been very reliable and informative.

+1 for Dan.  Great guy.  He also emailed out a recent sales notice on a number of Leaf backs.

-Josh
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: H1/A75 Guy on April 23, 2009, 01:42:02 am
Quote from: AndreNapier
I am even buying myself nice DSLR.
If you buy (2) 5D MK IIs you can turn pro. Are you leaving Leaf?

I'll buy your Schneider AFD 50 Lens Hood and Rollie Planar 110 MF Lens Hood.  and I'll pay you a premium for your AFi -1.5 WLF Diopter!

David
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: H1/A75 Guy on April 23, 2009, 01:56:58 am
double post
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: AndreNapier on April 23, 2009, 03:09:29 am
Quote from: H1/A75 Guy
If you buy (2) 5D MK IIs you can turn pro. Are you leaving Leaf?
David

You right David but AFI7 will not buy me two 5D MKII's now days so I have to stay semi pro.
Leaving Leaf? Never.
Who else would make me wait already a month for a diopter without any info when I can expect it despite repeated calls to Leaf USA and my offers to pay Fedex from Israel.
Andre
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: JerryReed on April 23, 2009, 06:28:54 am
I would like to recommend my LEAF dealer, who was able to get a diopter for my SINAR Hy6.  

Michael Ulsaker

   860-282-0341
 fax   860-289-6310

   work   [email protected]
   work   [email protected]

   work   275 Park Avenue
East Hartford CT 06108
CountryUSA
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: focusgroup on April 23, 2009, 09:46:29 am
Thank you all for the referrals and suggestions.  Now I know who to contact for purchasing.  I would love that 75S but that is a bit our of what I want to spend.  Im looking for an aptus 22 or 54 for primarily figurative work.
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: yaya on April 23, 2009, 11:20:24 am
Quote from: focusgroup
Thank you all for the referrals and suggestions.  Now I know who to contact for purchasing.  I would love that 75S but that is a bit our of what I want to spend.  Im looking for an aptus 22 or 54 for primarily figurative work.

I understand that two of our people are already in contact with you. Hope we'll get you an offer you're happy with.

Yair
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: rgmoore on April 23, 2009, 11:30:21 am
Quote from: AndreNapier
I have AFI 7 on Ebay with 11 months warranty on it. Purchased new on Feb 28/2009. Interested let me know.
Andre


Andre,

In view of your experience with AFI 7, wonder how it compares with your RZ67 and if you plan to continue using the RZ as your main MF system.

Thank you,

Richard
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: H1/A75 Guy on April 23, 2009, 12:17:40 pm
Quote from: yaya
I understand that two of our people are already in contact with you. Hope we'll get you an offer you're happy with.
Yair,

I'm an owner of an AFi II 7 and I'm not happy.

I've been waiting 5 months for a -1.5 Diopter for the AFi WLF. Also some Schneider/Rollie lens hoods. I have had to place multiple orders with my dealer and David Chapman at PPR just to generate some buzz for the Diopter.

Is anything shipping out of F&H?

A DSM rep told my dealer that 600 plus Hy6's and AFi's were sitting on F&H shelves.

What is happening with Leaf?

Why is there no support for small items like AFi WLF Diopters and lens Hoods.

What is happening with the dedicated focus screen for the AFi.

Can you give us the straight scoop?

David
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: EricWHiss on April 23, 2009, 01:49:41 pm
On the diopters - if they are the same as the Rollei 6000's series WLF and 45 degree prisms then I may have some spares as I went through a bunch of different values to see what worked best for me.  (I have an astigmatism so it turned out that the televue Dioptrx astimatism correcting eyepiece worked even better than a diopter corrective element).

Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: MoMichael on April 23, 2009, 03:05:47 pm
Quote from: H1/A75 Guy
Yair,



I've been waiting 5 months for a -1.5 Diopter for the AFi WLF. Also some Schneider/Rollie lens hoods. I have had to place multiple orders with my dealer and David Chapman at PPR just to generate some buzz for the Diopter.

David


Hi David,

At Leaf America, we have a substantial inventory of AFi accessories, including lens hoods.  You should not be experiencing any lens hood backorder from us, with the exception of some of the diopters.  Regarding the diopters, we do expect to have many of those that have been backordered within the next few weeks (or sooner).  

Please keep in mind that many US dealers have multiple sourcing options for these items.  For instance: a US dealer may order the lens hood from Leaf, Sinar, or even DSM.  Please contact me off-list so we can take care of getting you whatever lens hoods you need from our inventory.

Mike Edwards
Leaf America
[email protected]
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: H1/A75 Guy on April 23, 2009, 03:09:44 pm
Contacting Mike by PM.
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: JerryReed on April 23, 2009, 05:31:14 pm
Quote from: EricWHiss
On the diopters - if they are the same as the Rollei 6000's series WLF and 45 degree prisms then I may have some spares as I went through a bunch of different values to see what worked best for me.  (I have an astigmatism so it turned out that the televue Dioptrx astimatism correcting eyepiece worked even better than a diopter corrective element).

I wonder if you might have a 3.0 or a 3.5?

Jerry Reed
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: EricWHiss on April 25, 2009, 06:14:10 pm
Jerry,
I've got a -2.5 in both the WLF and 45 deg prism, and a -4.0 or 4.5 (not sure which)  for the 45 deg prism.  Actually  I'm using the -3.5 myself - but I might not need it now that I've got the dioptrx.  I just need to have the adapter ring made and then I can give up the corrective diopter bits.   All that said, since the normal piece for the 45deg prism is a 1, it might well be the -2.5 is what you need - if you want to try it out let me know and I can send it to you.
Eric



Quote from: JerryReed
I wonder if you might have a 3.0 or a 3.5?

Jerry Reed
Title: leaf USA and sales
Post by: Mitchell Baum on April 25, 2009, 09:14:26 pm
Does anyone know how to figure out which diopter you need without buying one?

I'd love to know! I've asked a couple of dealers who don't know the answer. I've bought one that is a little off for me.

Thanks,

Mitchell