Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: epatsellis on April 20, 2009, 12:26:08 am

Title: Longshot, but does anybody still have a Megavision S3 back?
Post by: epatsellis on April 20, 2009, 12:26:08 am
Probably a long shot, but by any chance does anybody have one lying around? I'm trying to diagnose one and not having another cable or interface board is making it nigh on impossible. While I know it's an oldie, but for quick and dirty catalog work, where sub 6mp is the norm, it would make my life easier to get it working, rather than slough it off on ebay for a couple of hundred dollars.

erie
Title: Longshot, but does anybody still have a Megavision S3 back?
Post by: michaelnotar on April 20, 2009, 02:37:54 am
i dont have one but have used one in school a few years ago. whats the problem? i also used the T series multishot ones.
what does the S series have over a slr? i have a phase one 6mp MF back and currently own a P25/22MP back.
Title: Longshot, but does anybody still have a Megavision S3 back?
Post by: epatsellis on April 20, 2009, 07:59:07 am
Quote from: michaelnotar
i dont have one but have used one in school a few years ago. whats the problem? i also used the T series multishot ones.
what does the S series have over a slr? i have a phase one 6mp MF back and currently own a P25/22MP back.
Back isn't responding, I suspect a cable, but I want to rule out everything else.

The S Series has no AA filter, which is ideal for some of the products I shoot. I'm using a Phase One Studiokit with a Sinar P, but a scan back is great for some things, not so much for others.
Title: Longshot, but does anybody still have a Megavision S3 back?
Post by: Doug Peterson on April 21, 2009, 06:42:28 pm
Quote from: epatsellis
Probably a long shot, but by any chance does anybody have one lying around? I'm trying to diagnose one and not having another cable or interface board is making it nigh on impossible. While I know it's an oldie, but for quick and dirty catalog work, where sub 6mp is the norm, it would make my life easier to get it working, rather than slough it off on ebay for a couple of hundred dollars.

erie

We have an S3 on our shelf amongst our for-show graveyard of older digital backs. We have no idea whether it is operational nor do we have any accessories, but we would be glad to to send it to you for the cost of insured shipping.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me) (http://mailto:[email protected])
__________________
Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up (http://www.captureintegration.com/our-company/newsletters/)