Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Mike Schultz on April 18, 2009, 01:39:09 pm

Title: Mirror Lockup on Contax 645
Post by: Mike Schultz on April 18, 2009, 01:39:09 pm
I use a COntax 645 with a Phase One back.  I normally use the 2 sec timer with mirror lock up.  The issue I have is that I want to manually lock the mirror up for longer times and because I often use a lens adapter (I'm using non- COntax lenses) the mirror lock up button is deactivated.  Does anyo one know a work around for this?  WOndering if there is a way to fool the camera to think that I am using a Contax lens.  Again, the 2 sec timer/mirror lock up works fine with the lens adapter, but if I want to use the button for mirror lock up of say...6 second delay...I have the problem.
Title: Mirror Lockup on Contax 645
Post by: David Klepacki on April 19, 2009, 11:22:04 am
Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to do this.  In principle, one could reverse engineer the signals on the electronic pins to allow the mirror pre-release, but no one has done this yet.

David
Title: Mirror Lockup on Contax 645
Post by: Mike Schultz on April 27, 2009, 08:51:25 am
Thanks David: If any one knows somebody that could do this, let me know.