Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: AlexM on April 06, 2009, 10:29:19 pm

Title: Hasselblad Teleconverter H1.7
Post by: AlexM on April 06, 2009, 10:29:19 pm
I wonder how good Hasselblad H1.7X Teleconverter is.
Can anyone share their opinions?

Does it perform well with 35-90 or it's too dark to focus? How is the bokeh and overall image quality?
How good is it with other lenses?

Thank you!
Oleksiy
Title: Hasselblad Teleconverter H1.7
Post by: MarkKay on April 06, 2009, 10:36:09 pm

I have the teleconverter and use it on the H3DII-31. It is outstanding. It does not work on the 50-110 zoom so not sure if it works on the 35-90 zoom. I can say that the converter really does not result in any detectable image degradation --- at least on the 31.  I have used it on the 100, 150, 210 and 80mm

Quote from: Oleksiy
I wonder how good Hasselblad H1.7X Teleconverter is.
Can anyone share their opinions?

Does it perform well with 35-90 or it's too dark to focus? How is the bokeh and overall image quality?
How good is it with other lenses?

Thank you!
Oleksiy
Title: Hasselblad Teleconverter H1.7
Post by: AlexM on April 06, 2009, 10:54:04 pm
Quote from: MarkKay
I have the teleconverter and use it on the H3DII-31. It is outstanding. It does not work on the 50-110 zoom so not sure if it works on the 35-90 zoom. I can say that the converter really does not result in any detectable image degradation --- at least on the 31.  I have used it on the 100, 150, 210 and 80mm

Great. Thanks for the reply.
Hasselblad say that only HCD 28, HC 35, HC 50-110 are not supported.

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/products/h-sy...erter-h17x.aspx (http://www.hasselbladusa.com/products/h-system/lenses/converter-h17x.aspx)

I'd like on opinion on it with HCD 4.0-5.6/35-90 too.
Title: Hasselblad Teleconverter H1.7
Post by: David Grover / Capture One on April 07, 2009, 01:52:28 am
Quote from: Oleksiy
Great. Thanks for the reply.
Hasselblad say that only HCD 28, HC 35, HC 50-110 are not supported.

http://www.hasselbladusa.com/products/h-sy...erter-h17x.aspx (http://www.hasselbladusa.com/products/h-system/lenses/converter-h17x.aspx)

I'd like on opinion on it with HCD 4.0-5.6/35-90 too.

Hi Oleksiy,

I am afraid the 1.7x converter will not work on the new zoom also.

Best,


David

Title: Hasselblad Teleconverter H1.7
Post by: AlexM on April 07, 2009, 05:44:23 pm
Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Hi Oleksiy,

I am afraid the 1.7x converter will not work on the new zoom also.

Best,


David

Ok, thank you.
Yes, unfortunately it won't work with 35-90.
Title: Hasselblad Teleconverter H1.7
Post by: deelight on April 08, 2009, 04:52:55 pm
Quote from: Oleksiy
Ok, thank you.
Yes, unfortunately it won't work with 35-90.

However, I own the converter 1,7 and I second the previous opinion on image quality: it is outstanding!

Best,

Clem
Title: Hasselblad Teleconverter H1.7
Post by: Phil G on April 11, 2009, 07:30:57 am
Quote from: deelight
However, I own the converter 1,7 and I second the previous opinion on image quality: it is outstanding!

Best,

Clem

Agree its a cracker!  have used it with 50 and 210 mm I hope to shoot some NH in the next few weeks using it on a  300 mm  I will post examples when I have figured out how to do it on this forum.

Newbie

Phil
Title: Hasselblad Teleconverter H1.7
Post by: jecxz on April 11, 2009, 10:02:52 am
Sometimes you need the 1.7x because you don't want to get too close to the natives...

(http://www.jecxz.com/images/etc/panties_by_derek_jecxz.jpg)

1.7x on 300mm at f9

Kind regards,
Derek
Title: Hasselblad Teleconverter H1.7
Post by: AlexM on April 11, 2009, 12:08:10 pm
Quote from: jecxz
Sometimes you need the 1.7x because you don't want to get too close to the natives...

LOL