Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: JerryReed on April 04, 2009, 02:34:25 pm

Title: Rollei Lens repair
Post by: JerryReed on April 04, 2009, 02:34:25 pm
Other than Onick Voskinarian in NJ, do you know of another ROLLEI lens repair facility?

Jerry Reed
Title: Rollei Lens repair
Post by: TMARK on April 04, 2009, 02:38:43 pm
Quote from: JerryReed
Other than Onick Voskinarian in NJ, do you know of another ROLLEI lens repair facility?

Jerry Reed

Marflex.  MARFLEX SERVICE. 117 Anchorage Rd. Havelock, NC 28523. Phone: 1.252 652-4401.  Martin was the US Rollei service person.  Nice guy, from the Fatherland.
Title: Rollei Lens repair
Post by: pss on April 04, 2009, 05:31:20 pm
onick has serviced several of my rollei lenses and bodies along with almost all my hensel stuff....great guy....
Title: Rollei Lens repair
Post by: EricWHiss on April 04, 2009, 07:50:06 pm
I send all my Rollei stuff to Rollei NJ and have had great luck with Onick and Carmen there.  Not sure what you need, but FocalPoint in Colorado has a good reputation for lens work and I believe he can even repolish and recoat lenses.  I also have been recommended http://www.paepke-fototechnik.de/ (http://www.paepke-fototechnik.de/) for service though they are in Europe.
Title: Rollei Lens repair
Post by: bradleygibson on April 04, 2009, 10:26:31 pm
I sent a fair bit of stuff to Onick and Carmen and did have the odd issue, but was usually able to work something out.

The only other place I know of is Krimar of Marflex heritage.  He is also in NJ.

http://www.krimarphoto.com/ (http://www.krimarphoto.com/)

-Brad
Title: Rollei Lens repair
Post by: JerryReed on April 05, 2009, 10:37:00 am
I want to be clear about my question asking for addition Rollei repair facilities; I have gone to Onick, I quite agree he is great to deal with, and funny as well.  The problem, my problem, is that Onick does not have a Hy6 to test my problem lens with - 90 mm Macro which has a aperture iris that keeps moving instead of settling down to the desired f-stop when the lens is set to the AUTO mode.  This is not the case with the iris, when the lens is in the directly selected f-stop mode.

So, please know this is not in any way a sign of my dissatisfaction with Onick.

Jerry
Title: Rollei Lens repair
Post by: bradleygibson on April 06, 2009, 11:26:36 am
Ah, OK--that's good to hear.

You should know that Onick now has a Leaf AFi.  He was having some trouble tracking down issues I was having with a few of my lenses on my Hy6 using his 6008AF.  In the end, after a few trips back and forth, he picked up an AFi, my problems immediately showed up on his camera, and he fixed it -- problem solved.

You might want to give him a call, because he should be set up to help you now.

Hope that helps,
-Brad

Quote from: JerryReed
I want to be clear about my question asking for addition Rollei repair facilities; I have gone to Onick, I quite agree he is great to deal with, and funny as well.  The problem, my problem, is that Onick does not have a Hy6 to test my problem lens with - 90 mm Macro which has a aperture iris that keeps moving instead of settling down to the desired f-stop when the lens is set to the AUTO mode.  This is not the case with the iris, when the lens is in the directly selected f-stop mode.

So, please know this is not in any way a sign of my dissatisfaction with Onick.

Jerry