Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: JerryReed on April 04, 2009, 08:10:23 am

Title: Travel Case for Broncolor Softlight Reflector (beauty dish)
Post by: JerryReed on April 04, 2009, 08:10:23 am
I am looking for a case to protect a Broncolor Softlight reflector, the dimensions of which are 20 by 7 inches.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks for the great suggestions on the equipment cart.

Jerry Reed
Title: Travel Case for Broncolor Softlight Reflector (beauty dish)
Post by: mcfoto on April 04, 2009, 08:17:08 am
Quote from: JerryReed
I am looking for a case to protect a Broncolor Softlight reflector, the dimensions of which are 20 by 7 inches.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks for the great suggestions on the equipment cart.

Jerry Reed

Tenba or Lightware.
Title: Travel Case for Broncolor Softlight Reflector (beauty dish)
Post by: BJNY on April 04, 2009, 09:18:27 am
Tenba's Car Case series:

CC22
or
CC-PSF

Both are fine for local travel.
However, not intended to be used for shipping.
Title: Travel Case for Broncolor Softlight Reflector (beauty dish)
Post by: paulmoorestudio on April 04, 2009, 09:27:15 am
Quote from: JerryReed
I am looking for a case to protect a Broncolor Softlight reflector, the dimensions of which are 20 by 7 inches.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks for the great suggestions on the equipment cart.

Jerry Reed

cheap and temp. solution.
I seldom had to take it on location but I went to cardboard box shop and used a 20x20x8 box with a layer of 1in foam.. when that got hammered
I just bought a new box..
Title: Travel Case for Broncolor Softlight Reflector (beauty dish)
Post by: DavidP on April 04, 2009, 11:33:50 am
I have not actually done this yet, but I have a Mola dish. I was looking in to drum cases for it. There seem to be some the right size.
Title: Travel Case for Broncolor Softlight Reflector (beauty dish)
Post by: TMARK on April 04, 2009, 11:51:35 am
The original shipping box or a bass drum case.  You can cut it down to size (height).  Buy a little bigger than the OD of the reflector for some foam.  I have two MOLA Demis.  One is in a bass drum case, the other is in the box.  Both solutions work well for the man about town, although clients appreciate the black bass drum case more than the card board.
Title: Travel Case for Broncolor Softlight Reflector (beauty dish)
Post by: BJNY on April 04, 2009, 12:01:23 pm
I agree the rigid drum cases offer better protection,
but the Tenba Car Cases are lighter in weight, if that matters.

What is the cost of a drum case, and what are the brands to look into?
Title: Travel Case for Broncolor Softlight Reflector (beauty dish)
Post by: TMARK on April 04, 2009, 12:43:15 pm
Quote from: BJNY
I agree the rigid drum cases offer better protection,
but the Tenba Car Cases are lighter in weight, if that matters.

What is the cost of a drum case, and what are the brands to look into?

I bought my case from a music store on Court St. in Cobble Hill three years ago for $125.  I think the case is branded Tama, although there are no identifying marks aside from the ubiquitous Made in China.  Its kind of like a hat box.  Hard plastic.  Cuts easily with tin snips.  SKB makes them as well, but these are more like cheaply made, heavier Peli cases.  25" for my Mola demi.  I cut it down to make it more compact, as a mola demi, even with the profoto adapter jutting out the back, is much more shallow than a bass drum.  I lined it with foam.


Title: Travel Case for Broncolor Softlight Reflector (beauty dish)
Post by: JerryReed on April 05, 2009, 10:40:01 am
Thanks for your suggestions; I think that I will go with the TEMBA CC 22.

Jerry