Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: keith_cooper on March 30, 2009, 07:50:30 pm
-
I've recently been looking at the ImageNest RIP (V1.2) driving several different printers.
Useful bit of software that made using roll paper a lot easier than most
Printers I tried included a z3200ps I've had on loan from HP, Epson 9600, 7880 and even an 1160.
Works with any printer driver, so no problem using QTR for B/W on the 9600. Fine on OSX 10.5 and with a bit of care 10.4 too.
I've written up some notes on it at http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews...genest_rip.html (http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/software/imagenest_rip.html)
-
I have been using it off and on for about a year now and always liked it but it was a little light on features. I mostly used it for creating photo packages and for when I had large jobs to print. Since I started using version 2.0 I have really begun to love it. The new annotation feature has made my life a ton easier and the automatic "best fit" layout is much better than it was before. I am now using it on my Epson 4880 as well as my HP 3200
The biggest plus, my update was free. You can get the updates at
http://www.bluecubit.com (http://www.bluecubit.com)
They also have a free demo
-
With version 2, the interface has been redeisgned, PDF output, batch sizing, soft proofing and 64 bit modes are now all supported. ImageNest has become a very sophisticated, mature and robust nesting application. The nesting and fitting algorithms are fantastic - its a must have for demanding nesting geeks.