Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: fotolli on March 28, 2009, 05:02:17 am
-
Hi all,
I assume it will not work, but has anyone ever tried the combination of Phase One H20 / H25 and leaf´s portable solution.
It would be really sweet if you could go untethered that way.
Basically, would the back be powered up and could images be stored to the leaf harddisk?
Thanks for your infos and best regards
Oliver
-
Hi all,
I assume it will not work, but has anyone ever tried the combination of Phase One H20 / H25 and leaf´s portable solution.
It would be really sweet if you could go untethered that way.
Basically, would the back be powered up and could images be stored to the leaf harddisk?
Thanks for your infos and best regards
Oliver
This would not work.
-
This would not work.
Correct. It'll probably power the H20 but it won't communicate with it as the back is "not familiar" with this type of configuration.
IOW don't waist time/ money on it.
Yair
-
Thanks for your thoughts, but "probably" does not sound like you have tried it.
Has anyone really tried this confuguration and can confirm that it does not work?
Thanks
Oliver
Correct. It'll probably power the H20 but it won't communicate with it as the back is "not familiar" with this type of configuration.
IOW don't waist time/ money on it.
Yair
-
Thanks for your thoughts, but "probably" does not sound like you have tried it.
Has anyone really tried this confuguration and can confirm that it does not work?
Thanks
Oliver
Oliver, No I have not tried it but I haven't tried jumping off the Eiffel Tower yet I know I will 100% get killed if I did.
Unless someone at Phase wrote a firmware for the H20 that is designed to work with our portable solution so that it connects to the digital magazine and communicates with the iPaq (which they obviously haven't) it will not work.
The Digital Magazine produces power which is coming through a Firewire connection. This may have the correct voltage to power the H20 but nothing more.
If you insist, take a powered portable hard-drive that is formatted as FAT32 and plug it into your H20 - what do you think is going to happen?
Yair
-
Well, thanks Yair, your explanation obviously makes sense and my further asking wasn´t meant to offend you.
It´s just that the probably bit is exactly what I could figure myself.
Thanks for your help
Oliver
Oliver, No I have not tried it but I haven't tried jumping off the Eiffel Tower yet I know I will 100% get killed if I did.
Unless someone at Phase wrote a firmware for the H20 that is designed to work with our portable solution so that it connects to the digital magazine and communicates with the iPaq (which they obviously haven't) it will not work.
The Digital Magazine produces power which is coming through a Firewire connection. This may have the correct voltage to power the H20 but nothing more.
If you insist, take a powered portable hard-drive that is formatted as FAT32 and plug it into your H20 - what do you think is going to happen?
Yair