Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: david12 on March 19, 2009, 06:45:34 am
-
There are some older posts on luminous-landscape.com on on-line solar charts to predict where the sun will be at a given time and place. However, I couldn't find this one from the University of Oregon already posted:
link
I'm still looking for one that will print out a transparent template for my location throughout the year - I found reference to one in a 1984 photo magazine, which is what started me on this quest.
-
There are some older posts on luminous-landscape.com on on-line solar charts to predict where the sun will be at a given time and place. However, I couldn't find this one from the University of Oregon already posted:
link
I'm still looking for one that will print out a transparent template for my location throughout the year - I found reference to one in a 1984 photo magazine, which is what started me on this quest.
David,
If you have an iPhone there are several apps that can help you. I have one called Sunset and it finds your current location and will will give you DAWN, SUNRISE, SUNSET and NIGHT. There is also a drop down location to several airports to get an idea of different locations.
Chris Lawery (Email Me) (http://mailto:[email protected])
Sales Manager
Phase One, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 404.234.5195
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up (http://www.captureintegration.com/our-company/newsletters/)
-
David - what sort of transparent template are you meaning? For a map overlay or similar?
I have a program available (free) here that might address some of your needs: http://stephentrainor.com/tools (http://stephentrainor.com/tools)
Rgds,
Stephen
-
There are some older posts on luminous-landscape.com on on-line solar charts to predict where the sun will be at a given time and place. However, I couldn't find this one from the University of Oregon already posted:
link
I'm still looking for one that will print out a transparent template for my location throughout the year - I found reference to one in a 1984 photo magazine, which is what started me on this quest.
Naval Observatory Sun Altitude and Angle page, type in location, select sun or moon, and hit go.
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/AltAz.php (http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/AltAz.php)