Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: tmx3 on March 18, 2009, 06:03:08 pm
-
I've been playing around with flexcolor to try and get a more in depth understanding of the convertor, as a couple of photographers I work for use it. However i am finding it impossible to process in anything other than RGB unless i apply a default (say cmyk) setup. Could someone possibly explain to me how you would create a setup that actually works when i modify the fff, its driving me nuts! Many, many thanks
-
I've been playing around with flexcolor to try and get a more in depth understanding of the convertor, as a couple of photographers I work for use it. However i am finding it impossible to process in anything other than RGB unless i apply a default (say cmyk) setup. Could someone possibly explain to me how you would create a setup that actually works when i modify the fff, its driving me nuts! Many, many thanks
It's been awhile since I've used Flexcolour..
Hit Cmnd "U" to bring up the "setup" window. There you can create a new setup go through the tabs and make a bunch of changes (including output profile) then hit save. Now in the "Scratchpad" (folder of images) select a bunch of images and hit the "modify" button to apply that setup to those files..
Make sense?
Nick-T
-
It's been awhile since I've used Flexcolour..
Hit Cmnd "U" to bring up the "setup" window. There you can create a new setup go through the tabs and make a bunch of changes (including output profile) then hit save. Now in the "Scratchpad" (folder of images) select a bunch of images and hit the "modify" button to apply that setup to those files..
Make sense?
Nick-T
Hi Nick, thanks for responding. However this a good overview of what I am doing already. (except i have put the fffs into a folder I have created myself rather than the scratchpad, but i can't see this being the problem). When I do an apple+I on the fff in flexcolor and go to history I can see a bunch of setups I have created except STD RGB embeded has a tick by it rather than by the one I have applied.
-
Hi Nick, thanks for responding. However this a good overview of what I am doing already. (except i have put the fffs into a folder I have created myself rather than the scratchpad, but i can't see this being the problem). When I do an apple+I on the fff in flexcolor and go to history I can see a bunch of setups I have created except STD RGB embeded has a tick by it rather than by the one I have applied.
Ahh O.K
Sounds like you are "adding" a setup rather than making it a default.. let me fire up Flexcolour and post a screenshot.
-
Ahh O.K
Sounds like you are "adding" a setup rather than making it a default.. let me fire up Flexcolour and post a screenshot.
This help?
[attachment=12253:Picture_1.png]
-
This help?
[attachment=12253:Picture_1.png]
Yes, and I was failing to save the setup properly in the first instance. thanks for yr help