Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: archivue on March 15, 2009, 10:10:20 am

Title: Sironar digital 90 / 5,6 any good ?
Post by: archivue on March 15, 2009, 10:10:20 am
I'm about to buy a second hand Sironar digital 90 / 5,6 (in fact a sinaron digital version) , but i cannot find any user review.
I've seen that it's no longer on the rodenstock catalogue... but stil available new at BH, so it won't be that old.

Any user here ?

I'm talking about the F 5,6 version not the F 4,5 !
Title: Sironar digital 90 / 5,6 any good ?
Post by: klane on March 15, 2009, 04:29:48 pm
Quote from: archivue
I'm about to buy a second hand Sironar digital 90 / 5,6 (in fact a sinaron digital version) , but i cannot find any user review.
I've seen that it's no longer on the rodenstock catalogue... but stil available new at BH, so it won't be that old.

Any user here ?

I'm talking about the F 5,6 version not the F 4,5 !

im sending you a pm..
Title: Sironar digital 90 / 5,6 any good ?
Post by: Larry_Menzin on March 18, 2009, 09:43:49 am
I have the 90mm Sironar Digital. It is a superb lens. It will also just cover 4x5 when shot with a film back.


Quote from: archivue
I'm about to buy a second hand Sironar digital 90 / 5,6 (in fact a sinaron digital version) , but i cannot find any user review.
I've seen that it's no longer on the rodenstock catalogue... but stil available new at BH, so it won't be that old.

Any user here ?

I'm talking about the F 5,6 version not the F 4,5 !
Title: Sironar digital 90 / 5,6 any good ?
Post by: henrikfoto on March 18, 2009, 12:01:21 pm
I have tested it against many 4x5 lenses. It´s one of the very best.

Henrik
Title: Sironar digital 90 / 5,6 any good ?
Post by: archivue on March 18, 2009, 12:52:40 pm
Thanks !
i've just receiced it today... first tested with a 5D mark II... in the center, very similar to the hasselblad 100 CF (the best hassy lense)... but with a big image circle... it's even a little bit better... quite similar in fact.
I'm looking forward to test it with a digital back, movements and stitching !


By the way, i'm looking for a 35 digital now...