Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Ryan Grayley on March 13, 2009, 10:51:57 am

Title: Lightroom2 won't start
Post by: Ryan Grayley on March 13, 2009, 10:51:57 am
My apologies if the following fix has already been specifically documented.
Despite searching I was only able to find a few clues but not a direct resolution.

I installed LR2 on an Intel Mac with MacOSX 10.5.6.
It wouldn't start despite repairing permissions, deleting the Preference file and rebooting numerous times.

I then tried adding Read Write access to the Adobe folder located at the path below.
/Users/[my account]/Library/Application Support/

Note that I didn't apply the change to the enclosed folders.

Sure enough, LR2 now works and a new LR2 folder has been created in the Adobe folder above.

Can anyone suggest a cleaner fix or will my solution be ok?

Thanks,

Ryan
Title: Lightroom2 won't start
Post by: francois on March 13, 2009, 01:11:24 pm
Quote from: Ionaca
…
I then tried adding Read Write access to the Adobe folder located at the path below.
/Users/[my account]/Library/Application Support/

Note that I didn't apply the change to the enclosed folders.

Sure enough, LR2 now works and a new LR2 folder has been created in the Adobe folder above.

Can anyone suggest a cleaner fix or will my solution be ok?

Thanks,

Ryan
The Adobe folder (in Application Support) must be accessible as Read/Write for the owner (ie: you). If it was different then something screwed up the permissions. All the enclosed folders must also have Read/Write permissions (again for the owner). Things should be OK but open Console.app and look for error messages.

I have no idea why permissions were wrong.
Title: Lightroom2 won't start
Post by: Ryan Grayley on March 13, 2009, 04:05:10 pm
Quote from: francois
The Adobe folder (in Application Support) must be accessible as Read/Write for the owner (ie: you). If it was different then something screwed up the permissions. All the enclosed folders must also have Read/Write permissions (again for the owner). Things should be OK but open Console.app and look for error messages.

I have no idea why permissions were wrong.

Ok, thanks for the tip. The Mac in question had a clean install of Leopard only a few days ago so I am completely puzzled as to why the permissions were wrong.

Thanks again,

Ryan