Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: LE-Photographer on March 10, 2009, 07:19:24 pm
-
Hey everyone,
First of all I'm not sure if it is allowed to post pictures of a city/cityscape in here. If not, just ignore it or delete it.
I asked myself several times what the best way would be to present someone my pictures I took in NYC.
So I made a little selection of different shots I made last year and put them together in a slideshow. I also captured the sounds of the city and when you turn on the speakers at you computer you'll here those sounds matching to the photos.
It's not the best sound quality, I admit. So you might turn down the music a little.
I'm not sure if it is allowed to post a slideshow in here, instead of photos.
If not, let me know and I'll just post the photos.
I hope you like. Let me know what you think.
Slideshow (http://www.le-photographer.de/blog/nyc_slide/index.html)
(http://www.le-photographer.de/blog/nyc_slide/custom/img_4205_03.jpg) (http://www.le-photographer.de/blog/nyc_slide/index.html)
Thanks,
Sebastian (http://le-photographer.de/)
-
Hey a city is a (man-made) landscape, so why not?
Some good work there, BTW.
Mike.
-
Hey a city is a (man-made) landscape, so why not?
Some good work there, BTW.
Mike.
Thanks Mike for you comment.
Anyone else in here anny ideas, suggestions, comments?
- Sebastian
-
Very cool concept and perhaps as a visitor you see the obvious that residents miss. There could be much more.
-
Is that the twin towers in one of the last slides?
-
I really enjoyed that, thought it worked well.
Cheers John
-
Very cool! It's an idea I have had for a long time but never did and still don't know how to sync the sound. Damned fine pix too!
Bill in WV
-
Is that the twin towers in one of the last slides?
Sorry, but there are no twin towers on my pictures. All pictures were take in summer '08.
Very cool! It's an idea I have had for a long time but never did and still don't know how to sync the sound. Damned fine pix too!
Bill in WV
I synced the sound with the movie mode of my dads little point n' shoot camera. That's why the sound quality is so bad.
Anyway I'm glad to hear, everyone likes it.
I'd love to hear more opinions.
Thanks a lot so far
- Sebastian
-
nice work and the sounds really add to the great photos,,
had to hold several of them so I could look at the photo longer,,
Derry
-
Very nice idea, the sound really brings the viewer together with the images. Reminds me why I live in Savannah. I'd like to see a morning to night sequence with a slower slide show speed.
-
Thank you very much for this slideshow, i will use it as a reference as i will visit NY this year in October.
-
That was a wonderful little trip that I just had to NYC without ever actually going there. Thanks for showing it. Like others have said adding the ambient (sp?) sound adds a lot to the viewing.
-
Hey everybody,
sorry for my late response.... I just got out of the hospital today.
I had the same idea that Doug wrote down here. I'm going to do that next time I visit the city or just look through the all other images that I took.
@ boblybill: What do you mean with "(sp?)"?
Sebastian
-
Oh... that's just my way of telling you that I'm not sure how to spell that word... So if you see (sp?) that means the word before it is a word I'm not sure how to spell and so I spell it how it sounds even if that's not how you spell because hopefully you can get the word that I'm trying to use by sounding it out. Make sense?
-
Oh... that's just my way of telling you that I'm not sure how to spell that word... So if you see (sp?) that means the word before it is a word I'm not sure how to spell and so I spell it how it sounds even if that's not how you spell because hopefully you can get the word that I'm trying to use by sounding it out. Make sense?
Yep that makes sense.
-
Wonderful slide show! I lived and worked in NY for over 20 years (escaped to New England 18 years ago) and your show brought back memories of how the city feels. With the sound and all the captured motion in your images I feel as if I've just seen a short film.
Well Done indeed!
Frank
-
Wonderful slide show! I lived and worked in NY for over 20 years (escaped to New England 18 years ago) and your show brought back memories of how the city feels. With the sound and all the captured motion in your images I feel as if I've just seen a short film.
Well Done indeed!
Frank
Hey Frank,
sorry that it took me so long to answer. I worked on the second slideshow all the time.
I'm glad to hear that you, some who lived there, really like the slideshow. I'm happy that I was able to bring you back all the memories of the city.
That feels so good to hear.
EDIT: You might be interested in the second slideshow: Link (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34281)
Thank you for that.
Sebastian (http://LE-Photographer.de)