Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: lattiboy on March 03, 2009, 09:42:27 pm

Title: Beautiful San Juan Island (10 pics)
Post by: lattiboy on March 03, 2009, 09:42:27 pm
So, my fiance took me to San Juan Island in the Puget Sound for my birthday. It was a great trip taken specifically for me to shoot (which is pretty amazing considering how little she cares about photography).

Our first stop was the San Juan Island State Park. It's a beautiful place where you can see the Orca whales migrating North and South. The rocks (to me) were captivating.

Really getting a better sense of the A900 and it's "personality" w/r/t DR and exposure. I think I lowered the contrast too much in PP, which gives some of these a little "HDR-lite" look. I also always like photos darker than most, so I think I overcompensated in the regard.

Almost all of these taken with the A900 and Minolta 28-135mm f/4-4.5. It's a fantastic lens that any a-mount user should own.


1) The 2 hour ferry to the island
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3543/3325290524_6d4a4c43f9_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lattiboy/3325290524/)

2)A sense of scale
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3633/3324468095_bde5329be6_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lattiboy/3324468095/)

3)
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3657/3325308602_0f9d150aba_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lattiboy/3325308602/)

4)
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3592/3324467203_271e6413a9_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lattiboy/3324467203/)

5) A freezing cold fashion shoot!
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3646/3325309698_eba9c752b1_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lattiboy/3325309698/)

6)
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3651/3324472329_a4dc0ebf3b_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lattiboy/3324472329/)

7)
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3008/3325310032_46e7d7eeb9_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lattiboy/3325310032/)

8)
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3005/3325303354_4ec1ffc3d6_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lattiboy/3325303354/)

9)
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3615/3324467607_93692b19a7_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lattiboy/3324467607/)

10)
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3645/3325309390_cb2f17f851_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lattiboy/3325309390/)