Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: bretedge on March 01, 2009, 07:58:37 pm

Title: Sunset Afterglow
Post by: bretedge on March 01, 2009, 07:58:37 pm
I made this image in White Pocket about a month ago while camping and exploring with some friends.  This is about 25 minutes after sunset as a nice afterglow settled in on the rocks.  I combined two exposures, each with a different white balance, to create this composite image.

Thanks for having a look and leaving a comment.

5D2, 17-40mm lens, 2 stop GND
Title: Sunset Afterglow
Post by: Hans Kruse on March 02, 2009, 05:53:43 am
Quote from: bretedge
I made this image in White Pocket about a month ago while camping and exploring with some friends.  This is about 25 minutes after sunset as a nice afterglow settled in on the rocks.  I combined two exposures, each with a different white balance, to create this composite image.

Thanks for having a look and leaving a comment.

5D2, 17-40mm lens, 2 stop GND
Hi Bret,

You are the lucky one having these fantastic rocks just outside your door! One of the most amazing places on this planet.

Ok, before I departure into envying you too much   I would say that the blending of the two exposures works very well. The resulting image is very nice. What are the different white balance values? Was it not possible to make this image from one exposure?