Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: dalethorn on February 28, 2009, 08:35:16 pm

Title: Ice, water and rocks
Post by: dalethorn on February 28, 2009, 08:35:16 pm
Taken today at Akron Zoo. Panasonic LX3 - ISO 80.
Title: Ice, water and rocks
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 01, 2009, 03:58:22 am
Quote from: dalethorn
Taken today at Akron Zoo. Panasonic LX3 - ISO 80.
It would have been better with a rather longer exposure - you'd then have had motion blur to add contrast between water which is truly frozen and water which is running. As it is, they look too similar. I also think you could usefully lose quite a lot of the right-hand side, including the plank.

Jeremy
Title: Ice, water and rocks
Post by: brianrybolt on March 01, 2009, 06:18:32 am
Quote from: kikashi
It would have been better with a rather longer exposure - you'd then have had motion blur to add contrast between water which is truly frozen and water which is running.


Jeremy

I agree with the above and I also feel that the top of the image should be cropped down as per my e.g.  The energy of the photo really lies within the shape, color and positioning of the fallen tree (leg).  I also got rid of some of the boards in the backgound which helps the flow of the stream.


Title: Ice, water and rocks
Post by: dalethorn on March 01, 2009, 08:38:43 am
Thanks to all. The different perspectives are interesting.