Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: lattiboy on February 28, 2009, 03:55:42 am

Title: Some panoramas and some processing
Post by: lattiboy on February 28, 2009, 03:55:42 am
All shot with the Sony A900 at Discovery Park here in Seattle, WA. Any stitching done with PTGui.


A "proper" 3-stitch panorama:

1)
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3538/3314592211_e49e739a3a_b.jpg)




A wannabe fisheye panorama.:

2)

(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3659/3315422456_87800c051f_b.jpg)



A "lazy bastard" panorama. Just cropped horizontally:

3)

(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3660/3315996830_6444c55a3b_b.jpg)


And now the processed one. I'm working out the right palette and contrast for this one. It's a tough choice with DxO filmpack: so many cool options. Shot wide-open @ f/1.4 to get the dreamy foreground. It's  t/s for the poorman:

4)

(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3328/3315959796_a5329a50a1_b.jpg)
Title: Some panoramas and some processing
Post by: dalethorn on February 28, 2009, 08:49:08 pm
I like #2 and #3 a lot - very nice to stare at.  #1 just doesn't do it for me - either too wide or too short for the content.  #4 has too much blur at the bottom, which really needs to be a lead-in to the buildings (lighthouse?).  Maybe you could crop off some of the blurry area.
Title: Some panoramas and some processing
Post by: BernardLanguillier on March 01, 2009, 12:16:34 am
Thks for sharing.

I personnally like #4 best.

I somehow feel that not enough is happening sidewise on the first three.

Cheers,
Bernard