Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => For Sale => Topic started by: Mike Raub on February 25, 2009, 11:00:14 pm

Title: Trade Canon 10-22 for 17-40
Post by: Mike Raub on February 25, 2009, 11:00:14 pm
I have a 5DII kit on order, which will make the Canon 10-22 I used on a Canon 40D pretty much useless to me (I plan to sell the 40D). Since the Canon 17-40 has an almost identical selling price new as the 10-22, I'm hoping to find someone who bought the 17-40 for a 1.6 crop Canon who now wishes they had more coverage. The 10-22 is in great shape and I have the lens hood that Canon makes for it. I'm not a pixel peeper, but have always been satisfied with the 10-22 images--in fact I'm sitting here looking at a 20"X30" print I made with this lens and the 40D. Using DXO to process RAW's helps tame a lot of the distortion inherent in a lens this wide.

I set up this account to accept e-mail (I hope), so if anyone is interested, just e-mail me. I'm thinking a trade like this will be less costly, and less hassle, than selling it on eBay and buying the 17-40.

MIKE
Title: Trade Canon 10-22 for 17-40
Post by: marcmccalmont on February 26, 2009, 02:31:59 am
Quote from: Mike Raub
I have a 5DII kit on order, which will make the Canon 10-22 I used on a Canon 40D pretty much useless to me (I plan to sell the 40D). Since the Canon 17-40 has an almost identical selling price new as the 10-22, I'm hoping to find someone who bought the 17-40 for a 1.6 crop Canon who now wishes they had more coverage. The 10-22 is in great shape and I have the lens hood that Canon makes for it. I'm not a pixel peeper, but have always been satisfied with the 10-22 images--in fact I'm sitting here looking at a 20"X30" print I made with this lens and the 40D. Using DXO to process RAW's helps tame a lot of the distortion inherent in a lens this wide.

I set up this account to accept e-mail (I hope), so if anyone is interested, just e-mail me. I'm thinking a trade like this will be less costly, and less hassle, than selling it on eBay and buying the 17-40.

MIKE

I'm going to move to a Nikon 14-24 and will be selling my 17-40 let me know if you want to buy it. I just had it cleaned by canon in Tokyo looks like it is new.
Marc