Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: frugal on February 17, 2009, 05:19:55 pm
-
Hi,
I recently started playing with the trial version of LR 2 and have been really enjoying the work flow. Currently, I don't own a DSLR (plan to get one in the very near future) so I've been using film scans so far and finding it to be really good for that too.
One thing I discovered though was that for the camera model it shows the model of my scanner (I scanned the film using Vuescan) and it doesn't appear to allow me to edit this. For all of the shots I know what camera I actually shot the film with and for a great many I also know the lens and I'd like to be able to insert this information into the metadata as that's far more useful to me than what scanner I scanned it with. Is there any way I can edit this information within LR?
-
Beats me. I just added the information to keywords.
-
check out 'exiftool' and 'photome' for writing EXIF data
-
check out 'exiftool' and 'photome' for writing EXIF data
I assumed I could edit them with another tool. I was looking for whether it could be done in LR because then it would simplify the workflow (such as applying the camera model on import).
-
I assumed I could edit them with another tool. I was looking for whether it could be done in LR because then it would simplify the workflow (such as applying the camera model on import).
No.
-
No.
That's what I figured but wanted to ask where I'm new to the program. I'll take another look at Vuescan and see if it has any options for it that I missed (didn't see them before) and might suggest it as a feature request to Ed Hamrick if it really starts to bug me.