Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: howardm on February 16, 2009, 06:37:46 pm

Title: File locked problem
Post by: howardm on February 16, 2009, 06:37:46 pm
I apologize; I forgot that I had previously posted this.  Moderator, pls delete this.

Move along, nothing to see here.


============================================================================

I've just gotten bitten by what appears to be a bug/problem that others have seen for a while.

I keep all my pictures on an external networked storage system and attach to it via ethernet/AFP w/ my Mac.

When exporting a picture in LR for 'Edit in Photoshop', after editing, Photoshop complains that the PSD is locked or left open
and it can't write it.  

Yes, I can save under a different name    or I can exit LR before trying to save in PS    

This doesn't seem to happen on a local filesystem, only remote/external.

Google indicates that others have seen this problem in PS (not necessarily w/ LR).

Anyone have any better ideas to get around or address the problem.