Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: babel on February 11, 2009, 03:09:28 pm

Title: nothing like dawn light
Post by: babel on February 11, 2009, 03:09:28 pm
I was working very hard to shoot this spot with my 5x4 sinar in Black&White

Luckily I had my Digital camera too as the colour shot I think was much better, I cant send the other shot as I
never even bothered to process the sheet when I seen this on my mac

Hope you like it

Title: nothing like dawn light
Post by: John R on February 11, 2009, 09:58:54 pm
Quote from: babel
I was working very hard to shoot this spot with my 5x4 sinar in Black&White

Luckily I had my Digital camera too as the colour shot I think was much better, I cant send the other shot as I
never even bothered to process the sheet when I seen this on my mac

Hope you like it
It is very nice, if somewhat dark. And I don't mean underexposed, it's just that it looks dark. Perhaps it is the difference between a Mac and Windows based computer. I can tell it is very fine image, capturing the changing weather and light.

JMR
Title: nothing like dawn light
Post by: kaelaria on February 12, 2009, 12:07:03 am
If it wasn't dark it wouldn't be accurate.  Love it!
Title: nothing like dawn light
Post by: babel on February 12, 2009, 02:34:16 am
Quote from: kaelaria
If it wasn't dark it wouldn't be accurate.  Love it!


Interesting, the idea that all my images are dark,  er ..,it was my intention to have them that way...honest

99% are pre-dawn or after sunset mostly

After the comments I looked at them fresh,, living with your own pictures does get you into a place..!

Glad I joined up rather that keep admiring from afar, been looking at the forum on and off over a year, I'm learning
about my work having signed up

This next image, I can hear the comments, its dark, off-course you'll will be right, my excuse, I like them that way

But are they accessable, maybe not to everyone, wish I could please everybody, such is life...

Ben Lawers at dusk