Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: fantomasul on February 05, 2009, 06:48:31 am
-
Hello folks,
I am interested in buying a large size printer (HP Z3200 or CANON IPF6200, which is cheaper). My question is: can you print labels (for example water bottle labels) with this kind of printer?I am asking this because I read about printers especially designed for labels(PRIMERA LX400), but I wouldn't buy two printers if the large size one can print labels as well. I want to use the large size printer for publicity and photography.
Thanks
-
Hello folks,
I am interested in buying a large size printer (HP Z3200 or CANON IPF6200, which is cheaper). My question is: can you print labels (for example water bottle labels) with this kind of printer?I am asking this because I read about printers especially designed for labels(PRIMERA LX400), but I wouldn't buy two printers if the large size one can print labels as well. I want to use the large size printer for publicity and photography.
Thanks
For indoor work it can be as good. For outdoor it would be better to add a varnish for protection. On price and quality for outdoor work it will be difficult to compete with (Eco) solvent printers + cutter plotters used by sign shops. Cutting large sheets to small labels takes time too.
Ernst Dinkla
Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/)
-
ok, so you're saying it's better to buy a printer that is especially designed for labels, like PRIMERA LX400, right? is it possible to use the same kind of self adherent roll on both the large size printer and the label printer? the roll is 10cm wide. I'm asking all these questions because I have no idea how the printers work. I have only used office printers before.
Thanks
-
ok, so you're saying it's better to buy a printer that is especially designed for labels, like PRIMERA LX400, right? is it possible to use the same kind of self adherent roll on both the large size printer and the label printer? the roll is 10cm wide. I'm asking all these questions because I have no idea how the printers work. I have only used office printers before.
Thanks
No, that's not what I'm saying.
When I read the first line of the LX400 information I see it is a dye ink.
Worse in my opinion than a pigment ink, even if both are water based instead of solvent based.
quote:
The LX400 Includes
LX400 Color Label Printers include one dye-based color ink cartridge, NiceLabel™ SE Primera Edition design software, printer drivers for Windows ® 2000/XP and Mac ® OS X 10.2 or higher, starter roll of 4” x 3” Tuff-Coat™ High-Gloss Inkjet Label Stock, USB 2.0 cable and instructions. Requires an available USB 2.0 port.
end of quote
There are adhesive media on rolls for the wide formats you mentioned in your first message. With a variety of widths, 24-36-44 inch.
Ernst Dinkla
Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/)