Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: howardm on February 03, 2009, 07:30:39 pm

Title: locked file in Edit in Photoshop ?
Post by: howardm on February 03, 2009, 07:30:39 pm
I'm trying to use the Edit in Photoshop function in LR2.3 (using PS CS3).  The creation of the -Edit copy and export is fine and PS opens the .psd fine.
However, when I go to save the file in PS, PS tells me that the file cannot be saved because the file is already in  use or was left open.

so all I can do is do a Save As which really doesn't help.  

Has anyone seen this behavior before?  The only thing I can think of is that the files are all on network attached storage (ethernet external drive).
Title: locked file in Edit in Photoshop ?
Post by: howardm on February 03, 2009, 08:51:57 pm
This appears to be a network storage issue.  It happens on afp or smb mounts but not local disks.  bug has been filed w/ Adobe under LR.

fantastic