Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: ThePhotoDude on February 01, 2009, 04:03:16 pm
-
I've just recently rebuilt my Windows PC - now when I print, I get an extra Print Preview screen come up which has never before.
I print from Qimage generally, normally I would hit Print, (and in the print options, I would select Preview before printing), it would spool, and then sit in the Job Management queue on the Z3100.
From there, I could stack up multiple jobs, even switch my PC off, and the jobs would be there next day or whatever to print.
Now, when I send the job from Qimage, a separate window comes up, saying Print Preview - I have to click 'Print' or cancel, and the printer just starts printing, ignoring the Z3100 job management queuing.
I can't seem to change this, I don't know what I have changed?
The settings on the Job Management system on the Z is "Queue: On" etc, nothing has changed>??
It looks like a Printer Utility page but I can't find anywhere for a setting for this. Piccys below.
Any ideas? I hate this window, I can't stack up multiple jobs with different papers and then I choose when to print them?
Thanks, John
[attachment=11314:printwindow.jpg]
[attachment=11316:settings.jpg]
-
I've just recently rebuilt my Windows PC - now when I print, I get an extra Print Preview screen come up which has never before.
I print from Qimage generally, normally I would hit Print, (and in the print options, I would select Preview before printing), it would spool, and then sit in the Job Management queue on the Z3100.
From there, I could stack up multiple jobs, even switch my PC off, and the jobs would be there next day or whatever to print.
Now, when I send the job from Qimage, a separate window comes up, saying Print Preview - I have to click 'Print' or cancel, and the printer just starts printing, ignoring the Z3100 job management queuing.
I can't seem to change this, I don't know what I have changed?
The settings on the Job Management system on the Z is "Queue: On" etc, nothing has changed>??
Click on the Printer Control Panel->Properties. Go to the Z3100 driver Features tab and uncheck "Show Preview..."
-
Yes when the printer box comes up go into the properties / Features/ and uncheck Show Preview before printing.
I leave mine on until I am fully in control of what is coming out of Qimage. You can have multiple printer shortcuts with and without if it is easier.
-
Click on the Printer Control Panel->Properties. Go to the Z3100 driver Features tab and uncheck "Show Preview..."
Yes when the printer box comes up go into the properties / Features/ and uncheck Show Preview before printing.
I leave mine on until I am fully in control of what is coming out of Qimage. You can have multiple printer shortcuts with and without if it is easier.
I appreciate the quick answer guys, but it didn't work ... well not quite.
Did you mean THIS tick box in the driver window?
[attachment=11339:PreviewUnticked.jpg]
I unticked it as suggested, and the preview window doesn't come up, but the spool goes straight to print, it doesn't queue in the job management.
Also, I used to tick this before I did my rebuild, and that would mean it would go to job management, if I didn't tick it, it would just print.
I have never seen that Preview Window before.
Since the rebuild, my job management looks like this:
[attachment=11340:NoPreview.jpg]
See how there is no magnifying glass anymore? The top four jobs are since re-install.
This is really bugging me now.
I have checked the printer settings (check my first post), and it is set to Queue.
-
Ah there are hold before printing settings in the PS driver , also in Windows under the print and fax/printer settings.
I think they should be coming into the queue though regardless of if they are sent to the printer without stopping in the driver queue.
I don't have the PS model so I can't remember if the Print with PReview works the same with the RIP . You can use the raster driver though which is not the default printer driver with the PS model.
-
Ah there are hold before printing settings in the PS driver , also in Windows under the print and fax/printer settings.
I think they should be coming into the queue though regardless of if they are sent to the printer without stopping in the driver queue.
I don't have the PS model so I can't remember if the Print with PReview works the same with the RIP . You can use the raster driver though which is not the default printer driver with the PS model.
Ah, I wonder if that's it then. I only installed the Raster driver. Should I uninstall the Raster driver and install the PS driver?
Hmmmm, if I originally was using the PS driver, and did my profiles etc based on that - and now I am using the Raster driver but using the same profiles I created ages ago, would I get colour issues?
Thanks for your help.
-
Agghh, I am such a nut-job!
Yes, it is the difference between the Raster driver and the PS driver! The PS driver, doesn't come up with this Preview window, but when you select 'Preview before Print' what happens, is it goes straight to spool, and store the print job on the internal printer hard drive. It also stores the job in the job management. This way, I can stack up a dozen jobs in an evening, switch everything off and next morning I can do my print run! perfect!
OK, so thank you for your help, this was something I had overlooked., One question, still, I have updated to the latest PS drivers, from what I was using before, do I need to update my ICC profiles?
Thank you,
John
-
Any changes in media default presets require a new profile. Although they did this between the first updates long ago the recent ones didn't . So unless there is some change in things like inking, GE, platen gap , you don't need to change profiles.
However some custom presets will, as the things they change are more third party default media settings where less than perfect printing was reported.