Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: footoograaf on February 01, 2009, 01:43:19 pm
-
Hi all,
I recently bought used Contax 645 with P21 back. One thing I noticed that viewfinder mask installed is not accurate, it looks more like it's for 1.1 crop DB.
I would appreciate if someone could give me exact dimensions of inner space of viewfinder mask for 1.3 crop digital backs, if possible in mm/cm
Thanks in advance.
-
Hi all,
I recently bought used Contax 645 with P21 back. One thing I noticed that viewfinder mask installed is not accurate, it looks more like it's for 1.1 crop DB.
I would appreciate if someone could give me exact dimensions of inner space of viewfinder mask for 1.3 crop digital backs, if possible in mm/cm
Thanks in advance.
You have it installed under the ground glass, correct? It's supposed to go there, not on top of it.
-
Hi all,
I recently bought used Contax 645 with P21 back. One thing I noticed that viewfinder mask installed is not accurate, it looks more like it's for 1.1 crop DB.
I would appreciate if someone could give me exact dimensions of inner space of viewfinder mask for 1.3 crop digital backs, if possible in mm/cm
Thanks in advance.
For 50 EURO you can get a mask made by Leaf for 44X33 backs (part number 252-11760A). It drops into the plain focusing screen.
Contax used to make masked focusing screens before they've closed the doors...
Yair from Snowy London
-
@anton, it's properly installed.
@yair, thanks for the info.
-
Hi all,
I recently bought used Contax 645 with P21 back. One thing I noticed that viewfinder mask installed is not accurate, it looks more like it's for 1.1 crop DB.
I would appreciate if someone could give me exact dimensions of inner space of viewfinder mask for 1.3 crop digital backs, if possible in mm/cm
Thanks in advance.
Are you looking on the computer image or th camera lcd screen? Cause not all phase lcd screens are the exact crop to the actual image, some seem to be off quite a bit given the size of the lcd.
The phase masks work and with the way they indent they go under the ground glass and shouldn't effect focus, (but I swear they do). The Leaf Masks are kind of a heavy plastic that sit on top and obviously shouldn't effect focus, though if memory serves me right they are an etched lined rather than a complete black out of the non used portion of the frame.
Yair's right he masked screens that Contax made were great if you can find one, (they usually come with a Valeo) but they were more accurate and black out properly.
-
The phase masks work and with the way they indent they go under the ground glass and shouldn't effect focus, (but I swear they do).
Yair's right he masked screens that Contax made were great if you can find one, (they usually come with a Valeo) but they were more accurate and black out properly.
It's not just you, I'm almost positive that the Phase mask for my Contax/P30+ affects the focus. I'm having a Contax screen with P30 crop lines made by Bill Maxwell. It should arrive shortly. We'll see how much of a difference it makes.
-
Are you looking on the computer image or th camera lcd screen? Cause not all phase lcd screens are the exact crop to the actual image, some seem to be off quite a bit given the size of the lcd.
I'm looking on computer, camera screen is next to useless.