Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: HSakols on February 01, 2009, 11:55:13 am

Title: Sharpening for Print
Post by: HSakols on February 01, 2009, 11:55:13 am
Now that I'm using Lightroom for most of my printing, do I even need to bother with Charlie Cramer's sharpening actions.  I wondering if selecting sharpen for print in lightroom will work just as well.  I'm curious to hear from others who used to use PSD actions when sharpening for prints?
Title: Sharpening for Print
Post by: michael on February 01, 2009, 12:29:57 pm
Try the output sharpening in Lightroom's print module. It works very well.

Michael

Title: Sharpening for Print
Post by: Josh-H on February 01, 2009, 04:34:29 pm
Quote from: michael
Try the output sharpening in Lightroom's print module. It works very well.

Michael

I second that - getting excellent results with LR's output sharpening.

Just make sure you have your capture sharpening optimal - as it all starts from there. Get that wrong and the print sharpening wont be optimal.