Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Johnny Kurtz on January 31, 2009, 03:51:26 pm

Title: 503CWD and a MicroSync kit
Post by: Johnny Kurtz on January 31, 2009, 03:51:26 pm
Hello,

I just purchased a 503CWD kit and am wondering if anybody has used a MicroSync to trigger their studio flashes?

Is it possible to use a PC to PC sync cable between the lens and MicroSync transmitter?

Right now I am doing this with my Pocket Wizards, but want a less bulky setup, this is why I am looking at the MicroSyncs.

Any input will be appreciated.

Title: 503CWD and a MicroSync kit
Post by: klane on January 31, 2009, 04:39:38 pm
Quote from: Johnny Kurtz
Hello,

I just purchased a 503CWD kit and am wondering if anybody has used a MicroSync to trigger their studio flashes?

Is it possible to use a PC to PC sync cable between the lens and MicroSync transmitter?

Right now I am doing this with my Pocket Wizards, but want a less bulky setup, this is why I am looking at the MicroSyncs.

Any input will be appreciated.


You might look at the elinchrom skyports. I have a friend who uses microsyncs and he has had 3 break within the last year. They are small but built cheaply.
Title: 503CWD and a MicroSync kit
Post by: jimgolden on February 01, 2009, 04:45:26 pm
second on the microsync's - i had one fail within the first week. warranty replacement arrives and failed within the next 90 days - moved to PW's never looked back...bulky but reliable - you could run a PC cord to the PW on your person/in a pocket, etc...

this was about 3 years ago - maybe they have improved, but they still look the same in ads...
Title: 503CWD and a MicroSync kit
Post by: HarperPhotos on February 01, 2009, 09:31:25 pm
I had two Microsync kits and they were absolute rubbish.
I returned them and got my money back.
Take my advice and don’t waste your money.

Cheers

Simon
Title: 503CWD and a MicroSync kit
Post by: Johnny Kurtz on February 01, 2009, 11:44:07 pm
Alright, consensus say stay away from the Microsyncs, so be it.

Pocket Wizards will have to do for now.

Thank you for all the replies.

Title: 503CWD and a MicroSync kit
Post by: jimgolden on February 02, 2009, 03:22:19 pm
have you seen those radio popper things? maybe look into those if you want something smaller - I have no experience with them...