Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: davisf8 on January 30, 2009, 08:17:23 am
-
Just recently purchased a used 3800 installed the driver,hooked it up on the network, trying to print from Photoshop CS3, everything seems to go fine until in the Printer Utility "Jobs Stopped" shows up and nothing prints.
I have been using Epson printers since the old 3000, using macs for years and have never had anything like this. I have uninstalled and re installed several times, repaired permissions eetc. Tried everything I know.
Can anyone help?
Sincerely,
Alan
-
What happens if you restart the jobs from the printer application?
Edit: some more hints... Is there any error message in the Console? Did you install the latest Epson drivers. Have you reset the printing system?
-
in addition to console, if you're Unix-y, you can look in /var/log/cups at the logs.
or http://localhost:631 (http://localhost:631) and see if that gives any insight or at least restart the printer.
-
Try downloading and (re)installing the latest driver from the Epson USA support site.
-
Mac OSX10.4.11. Sometimes if I am not careful, I select the wrong paper size in the page set-up and the printer stops at mid-print. There are too many hidden fly-out menus next to each size regarding paper trays, etc. Never had to re-install the Epson driver however.
-
Thanks, everyone for taking the time to reply.
I have tried all your suggestions and more.
I have researched and worked on this for 2 days.
Nothing seems to help.
I have tried everything I know to do.
Monday I will call Epson tech support.
-
Thanks, everyone for taking the time to reply.
I have tried all your suggestions and more.
I have researched and worked on this for 2 days.
Nothing seems to help.
I have tried everything I know to do.
Monday I will call Epson tech support.
Keep us posted and good luck.
-
Keep us posted and good luck.
After days of trouble shooting on my own I'm happy to say my Epson 3800 is printing again. When other printers starting acting the same (jobs stopped) I decided to re-install OS X. I figured the Apple Printer Utility had gotten corrupted. Right after the re-instaltion of my OS I installed the Epson 3800 and low and behold I'm printing again. I hope this helps someone else that might run into this situation.
Thanks Everyone!
Alan
-
After days of trouble shooting on my own I'm happy to say my Epson 3800 is printing again. When other printers starting acting the same (jobs stopped) I decided to re-install OS X. I figured the Apple Printer Utility had gotten corrupted. Right after the re-instaltion of my OS I installed the Epson 3800 and low and behold I'm printing again. I hope this helps someone else that might run into this situation.
Thanks Everyone!
Alan
Glad to hear that your 3800 is humming again... The reinstallation of Mac OS X is a drastic measure and I would advise people to reset printing services and/or use - Fixamac.net - Print Therapy utility before going the long road you went.
I'm sorry that I didn't suggest Print Therapy for your issue but I wrongly thought that it didn't work on Mac OS X 10.5. Anyway, resetting the printing services and/or using Print Therapy might not have fixed your problem.
Happy printing