Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Mathew Zucker on January 25, 2009, 09:53:45 pm

Title: changing highlight clipping
Post by: Mathew Zucker on January 25, 2009, 09:53:45 pm
Hello

How do I change the highlight clipping point from 100% to, 247, 247, 247... ? I dont know
that percentage

How do I change the RGB readout form percentages to the older 0-255 scale?


Thank you
Mathew Zucker
Title: changing highlight clipping
Post by: Nat Coalson on January 25, 2009, 11:34:08 pm
Mathew-
You can lower your "white point" values using the Exposure slider (drag it to the left). If there are pure white areas you need to use Recovery to move them away from 100%.

You can't change the percentage readouts. Lightroom's internal processing is not based on the 0-255 scale, which is 8-bit. Lightroom is based on a 16-bit color model, and the numeric values in 16-bit color are not very useful for editing because they are so long.
Title: changing highlight clipping
Post by: Mathew Zucker on January 26, 2009, 10:23:15 am
Thank you. I was hoping to use highlight clipping to show areas that are above 247 so I can see what goes to white in cmyk.  

What are the RGB percentages for 247,247,247? Or, better, how do I calculate this myself?

Thanks!
Mathew Zucker
Title: changing highlight clipping
Post by: Mathew Zucker on January 26, 2009, 01:34:37 pm
Quote from: John Schweikert
RGB number/255 = x/100 = RGB%


Perfect! Thanks! ~m