Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: DanVH on January 24, 2009, 10:00:57 pm

Title: Beach Stones, Flathead Lake
Post by: DanVH on January 24, 2009, 10:00:57 pm
I have always liked the combination of rock texture and water. When I saw this spot I was also taken with the color of the rocks.
Title: Beach Stones, Flathead Lake
Post by: wolfnowl on January 25, 2009, 01:40:36 am
Love the colours!  Here's one of mine:

[attachment=11092:IMG_3132.jpg]

Mike.
Title: Beach Stones, Flathead Lake
Post by: DanVH on January 25, 2009, 09:58:46 am
Quote from: wolfnowl
Love the colours!  Here's one of mine:

[attachment=11092:IMG_3132.jpg]

Mike.
I like it! The bubbles really give the image depth.
Title: Beach Stones, Flathead Lake
Post by: dchew on January 25, 2009, 11:18:20 am
Nice photo.  Something I like about the side lighting yet good shadow detail.  Rocks are one of my favorite subjects.  They're not too skittish, either.

Dave


[attachment=11098:DChew_081222_0899.jpg]
Title: Beach Stones, Flathead Lake
Post by: John R on January 25, 2009, 09:15:58 pm
I like this image. The glistening of the stones is a nice touch and not overwhelming as it sometimes can be. And the visual placement of the brown-red stones is so well balanced against the others.

John R.
Title: Beach Stones, Flathead Lake
Post by: wolfnowl on January 26, 2009, 02:37:34 am
Good work, Dave!

Mike.
Title: Beach Stones, Flathead Lake
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 26, 2009, 03:42:28 am
Quote from: dchew
Nice photo.  Something I like about the side lighting yet good shadow detail.  Rocks are one of my favorite subjects.  They're not too skittish, either.
One of mine.

[attachment=11126:rock.jpg]

Jeremy
Title: Beach Stones, Flathead Lake
Post by: button on January 26, 2009, 04:53:53 pm
Quote from: DanVH
I have always liked the combination of rock texture and water. When I saw this spot I was also taken with the color of the rocks.

Nice.  The contra light adds another dimension that I quite like.  This would look great printed really big, so everyone could see all the intricate detail in the texture of the rocks.

John
Title: Beach Stones, Flathead Lake
Post by: DanVH on January 26, 2009, 08:03:36 pm
Quote from: button
Nice.  The contra light adds another dimension that I quite like.  This would look great printed really big, so everyone could see all the intricate detail in the texture of the rocks.

John
Thanks
I have printed it at 16X20 and have to admit it looks pretty good!