Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Paul Barker on January 22, 2009, 10:40:30 am

Title: P25 tethered to C1 4.6 - changing 'format' problem?
Post by: Paul Barker on January 22, 2009, 10:40:30 am
Hi Folks

I've tried searching, but can't find anything.

When shooting with my P25 tethered to MBP17" into C1 4.6 (using as DB version), I can't seem to access the 'format' pull-down menu under camera tab, to change from RAW to IIQ RAW. Just defaults to full RAW. I have a lot of work on at the moment and all the files are just eating up HD space (twice as much as I'm used to under 3.7!) So, just wondered if anyone else had come across this and found a solution?

Cheers
Paul
Title: P25 tethered to C1 4.6 - changing 'format' problem?
Post by: Joe Behar on January 22, 2009, 10:57:31 am
Quote from: Paul Barker
Hi Folks

I've tried searching, but can't find anything.

When shooting with my P25 tethered to MBP17" into C1 4.6 (using as DB version), I can't seem to access the 'format' pull-down menu under camera tab, to change from RAW to IIQ RAW. Just defaults to full RAW. I have a lot of work on at the moment and all the files are just eating up HD space (twice as much as I'm used to under 3.7!) So, just wondered if anyone else had come across this and found a solution?

Cheers
Paul

Paul,

Try untethering your P25, setting the file format to IIQ Large and retethering.
Title: P25 tethered to C1 4.6 - changing 'format' problem?
Post by: Paul Barker on January 22, 2009, 02:11:47 pm
Quote from: Joe Behar
Paul,

Try untethering your P25, setting the file format to IIQ Large and retethering.

Hi Joe

Thanks for the thought. Yes, I had tried that, but just defaults to RAW as soon as I re-tether. I also reset defaults on the  back. It was the same with 4.5. I was hoping it was bug that would be sorted in 4.6, but not for me at least. Maybe I need to dump prefs, reinstall etc. if there is a software problem, but apart from that, all works pretty well. So thought maybe someone else had come across it.

Cheers
Paul
Title: P25 tethered to C1 4.6 - changing 'format' problem?
Post by: Joe Behar on January 22, 2009, 02:51:33 pm
Quote from: Paul Barker
Hi Joe

Thanks for the thought. Yes, I had tried that, but just defaults to RAW as soon as I re-tether. I also reset defaults on the  back. It was the same with 4.5. I was hoping it was bug that would be sorted in 4.6, but not for me at least. Maybe I need to dump prefs, reinstall etc. if there is a software problem, but apart from that, all works pretty well. So thought maybe someone else had come across it.

Cheers
Paul

Paul,

Dump the prefs (with the software not running, of course) and try it again. You'll find the prefs in the user library, preferences. Look for "com.phaseone.captureone.plist"

This is a lot faster and easier than a reinstall. The only other thing that comes to mind is the firmware on your P25. If its a non plus, make sure you have the last version of firmware installed. You can find the firmware HERE (http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Downloads/Digital%20Back%20Downloads/P%2025.aspx)
Title: P25 tethered to C1 4.6 - changing 'format' problem?
Post by: michaelnotar on January 22, 2009, 04:01:21 pm
edit- i thought i didnt have your problem but i seems i do. i have always shot raw L so i dont see this as a problem, its one of the bugs to be worked out.
Title: P25 tethered to C1 4.6 - changing 'format' problem?
Post by: Paul Barker on January 22, 2009, 08:51:37 pm
Quote from: Joe Behar
Paul,

Dump the prefs (with the software not running, of course) and try it again. You'll find the prefs in the user library, preferences. Look for "com.phaseone.captureone.plist"

This is a lot faster and easier than a reinstall. The only other thing that comes to mind is the firmware on your P25. If its a non plus, make sure you have the last version of firmware installed. You can find the firmware HERE (http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Downloads/Digital%20Back%20Downloads/P%2025.aspx)

Thanks again.

Dumped all prefs, firmware is up to date, dumped copy of 3.7, but no luck

I guess it's a bug. When the camera is untethered, you only have the choice of IIQL or IIQS and as I recall, in the later versions of 3.7 IIQL became the default, so it's irritating to find to find I can only shoot RAW... or I guess I go back to 3.7...  

Cheers again
Paul