Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: kirktuck on January 17, 2009, 05:15:03 pm

Title: Phase One Camera (w/45+) Reviewed in Studio Photography
Post by: kirktuck on January 17, 2009, 05:15:03 pm
The January issue of Studio Photography Magazine has a review I wrote of the Phase One Camera and several of the Mamiya lenses (28mm, 80mm and the mid range zoom).  I had the camera for a month and really came to like the whole package.

Here's a link for the online version of the article:  http://www.imaginginfo.com/print/Studio-Ph...ra-/3$4670 (http://www.imaginginfo.com/print/Studio-Photography/An-Enhanced-Medium-Format-Digital-Camera-/3$4670)

I appreciate feedback and comments.  

Kirk Tuck
Author: Minimalist Lighting
Title: Phase One Camera (w/45+) Reviewed in Studio Photography
Post by: Bill Caulfeild-Browne on January 17, 2009, 10:32:29 pm
Quote from: kirktuck
The January issue of Studio Photography Magazine has a review I wrote of the Phase One Camera and several of the Mamiya lenses (28mm, 80mm and the mid range zoom).  I had the camera for a month and really came to like the whole package.

Here's a link for the online version of the article:  http://www.imaginginfo.com/print/Studio-Ph...ra-/3$4670 (http://www.imaginginfo.com/print/Studio-Photography/An-Enhanced-Medium-Format-Digital-Camera-/3$4670)

I appreciate feedback and comments.  

Kirk Tuck
Author: Minimalist Lighting


Great article, Kirk, though in my case you're preaching to the choir!  You've captured the essence of the package very well. The 28 and 75-150 are my two most used lenses.

And though I love my Sony a900 too, it comes nowhere close to the image quality of the Phase combo.

I agree wholeheartedly with your observation re Capture One, even though I use LR2 a lot as well. C1 is simply a better RAW converter - for Sony files too.

Thank you!

Bill