Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Bartone on January 13, 2009, 01:16:47 pm

Title: credit card processing?
Post by: Bartone on January 13, 2009, 01:16:47 pm
I just received our statement, and frankly, it's not worth the money they're charging for processing a credit card charge. I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion of an inexpensive process?

Thanks
bartone
Title: credit card processing?
Post by: digitaldog on January 13, 2009, 01:38:21 pm
Quote from: Bartone
I just received our statement, and frankly, it's not worth the money they're charging for processing a credit card charge. I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion of an inexpensive process?

Thanks
bartone

Paypal.
Title: credit card processing?
Post by: feppe on January 13, 2009, 01:42:44 pm
Quote from: Bartone
I just received our statement, and frankly, it's not worth the money they're charging for processing a credit card charge. I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion of an inexpensive process?

Thanks
bartone

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but if you're selling prints check out ExposureManager.com I used them with my previous site, and they are very good and process CCs for you. Not sure how their pricing model stacks up with the competition, though.
Title: credit card processing?
Post by: Jonathan H on January 14, 2009, 08:58:44 pm
Use Google Checkout instead of Paypal.  Paypal is terrible.  Nearly double the price of Google as well.
Title: credit card processing?
Post by: BlasR on January 15, 2009, 06:34:26 am
Paypal will charge, 3% plus what ever they charge for their process.

BlasR
Title: credit card processing?
Post by: Bartone on January 15, 2009, 12:10:33 pm
looks like google checkout and PayPal are pretty close in pricing, but PayPal offers a few more services. i hadn't realized that PayPal allows me to process credit card payments - accept payments by CC, so this might be my easiest route. I realized my bank was, in the end, charging a total of close to 10 percent (if I include all extra fees they tack on). What ever happened to cash?
Title: credit card processing?
Post by: digitaldog on January 15, 2009, 12:14:50 pm
Quote from: Bartone
but PayPal offers a few more services. i hadn't realized that PayPal allows me to process credit card payments

That's primarily what I use it for. Free electronic transfers to my bank. Haven't ever had an issue with them.