Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: SeanBK on January 05, 2009, 10:20:09 am

Title: Color Charts - Complimentary colors
Post by: SeanBK on January 05, 2009, 10:20:09 am
Sometime back, I saw a site where they have a list/samples of complimentary color to be used by various graphic designers that showed details of latest palettes of colors. Can anyone help me as I just can't recall where I saw it? I know it was thru' L-L I came across it first.  
   I use CS3 but that that does not give/list complimentary colors.
Title: Color Charts - Complimentary colors
Post by: snickgrr on January 05, 2009, 11:01:41 am
Are you talking about one of these color generating sites.

The Adobe one is accessible directly from CS4 under Windows>Extensions.

http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/rating?time=30 (http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/rating?time=30)

http://colorblender.com/ (http://colorblender.com/)
Title: Color Charts - Complimentary colors
Post by: SeanBK on January 05, 2009, 11:15:30 am
Quote from: snickgrr
Are you talking about one of these color generating sites.

The Adobe one is accessible directly from CS4 under Windows>Extensions.

http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/rating?time=30 (http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/rating?time=30)

http://colorblender.com/ (http://colorblender.com/)
 I believe it was Kuler I was refering to, but any more suggestions like that would be immensly helpful. That damn old age & memory, I believe I have hit my buffer.  
   Thank you, I appreciate your quick response, Have a great New Year.
Title: Color Charts - Complimentary colors
Post by: Steve Hendrix on January 05, 2009, 12:46:01 pm
Quote from: SeanBK
I believe it was Kuler I was refering to, but any more suggestions like that would be immensly helpful. That damn old age & memory, I believe I have hit my buffer.  
   Thank you, I appreciate your quick response, Have a great New Year.


Here's another:

http://www.colorjack.com/ (http://www.colorjack.com/)


Steve Hendrix
Phase One
Title: Color Charts - Complimentary colors
Post by: bcooter on January 05, 2009, 03:52:08 pm
Quote from: SeanBK
Sometime back, I saw a site where they have a list/samples of complimentary color to be used by various graphic designers that showed details of latest palettes of colors. Can anyone help me as I just can't recall where I saw it? I know it was thru' L-L I came across it first.  
   I use CS3 but that that does not give/list complimentary colors.

The source for color:

http://pantone.com/pages/pantone/index.aspx (http://pantone.com/pages/pantone/index.aspx)
Title: Color Charts - Complimentary colors
Post by: SeanBK on January 06, 2009, 08:09:20 am
Thank you Steve & bcooter. Those ARE very helpful links, I appreciate your time.
   Have a great New Year.