Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: JustinWaldingerPhoto on January 05, 2009, 12:12:12 am

Title: Flash setup for mamiya 645 afdII
Post by: JustinWaldingerPhoto on January 05, 2009, 12:12:12 am
Hey everyone,

I am interested in purchasing a TTL flash setup for my mamiya 645 afdII.  Are there any other flash
units that will be compatable beside the Metz?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

-j
Title: Flash setup for mamiya 645 afdII
Post by: John_Black on January 05, 2009, 01:30:47 am
Maybe Quantum?  http://www.qtm.com/QFlash/ (http://www.qtm.com/QFlash/)
Title: Flash setup for mamiya 645 afdII
Post by: Paul2660 on January 05, 2009, 09:34:05 am
Justin,

If you decide on a TTL unit, please post your results.  I thought that Metz also had a unit, but it may not be TTL.
The Quantum solution seems like a good one, but on the expensive side when add the flash and adapter together.

Paul Caldwell
Title: Flash setup for mamiya 645 afdII
Post by: Jack Flesher on January 05, 2009, 10:55:50 am
I use the Metz 54 MZ3 with the 3952 foot and it works very well in TTL mode on my AFD2 and AFD3 body.
Title: Flash setup for mamiya 645 afdII
Post by: JustinWaldingerPhoto on January 05, 2009, 03:01:45 pm
Quote from: Jack Flesher
I use the Metz 54 MZ3 with the 3952 foot and it works very well in TTL mode on my AFD2 and AFD3 body.


Thanks Jack! yeah I had heard good things about the 54mz3, I took a look at the quantum QF5d but its massive and way out of my price range.